71 dATTO cOMING ALIVE

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Since when my cars done I will be representing RATSUN all the way I would like all your guys input and opinions. My car is a silverish light grey, and I cant decide what to do with the grill. Should I paint it Satin black along with the front bumper? I really think it would look great with the silver. What do you think? Its a really hard decision because my chrome grille is in pretty dam good shape! And to all the guys who have painted your black, what paint have you used.....bomb can? Has it held up pretty good? Input appreciated

Well, Since when my cars done I will be representing RATSUN all the way I would like all your guys input and opinions. My car is a silverish light grey, and I cant decide what to do with the grill. Should I paint it Satin black along with the front bumper? I really think it would look great with the silver. What do you think? Its a really hard decision because my chrome grille is in pretty dam good shape! And to all the guys who have painted your black, what paint have you used.....bomb can? Has it held up pretty good? Input appreciated

I vote to keep it silver!

I thought about getting two grilles, but two grills means two eyebrow trim sets, two hood trim ect.....money could go to my headlinner, seal kit ect so I can take it somewhere than my neighborhood

Ripped around the neighborhood today....wide open. It was a blast actually sliding sideways with tires smoking. Until today! Noticed my battery had broke free from the tiedown I had rigged, dented my quarter outward in a spot and cracked my new paint job! FUCK:mad: Oh well, right? Not planned to be a show car so I gotta be ready for it to get beat down right? Just drive it, beat it, and enjoy it I guess:( Its just so depressing since I spent so much time on it

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the project has been moving kinda slow as of now......Gotta wait to get money to buy some FATMAT to put on the floor and roof before I can buy the headliner and carpet. Gotta buy the headliner before I can put the seal kit in, and gotta buy front glass too so you know how it goes......since Im at a stand still I got bored and did a couple things.....

Painted the front bumper and parts of the grill SATIN BLACK

P1010142.jpg

Painted the air dam body color and cut it to fit good.....added my own personal touch

PC110129.jpg

P1010131.jpg

Got bored and messed around in the engine bay

P1010138.jpg

Made a gauge pod for my gauges and installed a underdash kit for the cd player

P1010139.jpg

Mounted the ZX center console, with a alluminum center plate and fabbed up a side pull ebrake

P1010140.jpg

P1010133.jpg

Installed my MOMO wheel the wife got me

P1010141.jpg

• 5 months later...

I havent posted for a long time on my car because posting pictures takes a grip of time and Id rather be working in the garage or sleeping...anyways, I had a L16 and drove it before buying new front glass, seals and headliner. I rallied it around Puyallup for abit glassless and winter came. I ripped out the L and started staged 2 of the project......here are some pics

STAGE 1 of STAGE 2

Ripped out the L....Mounted a MSD 6al

P1010656.jpg

Installed 3 point harnesses, a wink mirror, and a 4 pont bolt in cage thats a little beefy but I like it

P1010657.jpg

Mounted a volvo turbo pump and ran new fuel and return lines to the new beasts home

P1010657.jpg

P1010448.jpg

P1010449.jpg

P1010450.jpg

Installed a subi lsd....hell ya

P1010453.jpg

NOW FOR THE EXCITING SHIT....VG30e-New water pump, timing belt, camseals, clutch, rear main seal, pilot bushing, slave cyl, throwout bearing Experimental oilpan and pickup, and homeade mounts

P1010659.jpg

P1010655.jpg

P1010660.jpg

P1010652.jpg

See ya at Camby I hope....or atleast Bluelake!

P1010221.jpg:cool:

Edited by SRSANDS

P1010130.jpg

P1010153.jpg

P1010133.jpg

P1010139.jpg

PB080570.jpg

PB040554.jpg

Its a budget build with a 7/10 paint job....I dont care! I just wanna tear up the town in this beast!:D:D:D:D By the time I redo the paint job or start stge three of this project I will either be tired of it, too old, or dead! Im gonna beat it!

No I didnt, fixin that properly means reshoot, reclear.....Im not goin back down that road until I do two tone from the sonic line down....in a few years maybe. Id rather slap a stickers on it so people can read it as Im sliding around corners ad parking lots sideways :) Like I said....its a project made to drive not show....:) Haveing a super nice flawless car is stressful.....been there done that

did ya fix the dent in the back from th battery ?

im diggin the vg man if i ever do a swap it will be a vg

Thanks man, Ive never heard or been in a VG powered datto, really looking forward to it, especially since its my very first ground up budget build

Fuck yea. Good work man. How long till she is a runner??? You still need a winshield? They are on CL again. Got all my stuff for my Ka swap, except intercooler:D. I hope to send mine off to be caged next week. then it goes to the bodyman, I have no desire to try and do that myself. And my garage is too small.

Any who, nice work. Can't wait to see you fry some tire.

Fuck yea. Good work man. How long till she is a runner??? You still need a winshield? .

Ya I need to pick up front glass and seals and find a zx31 in a wrecking yard for the driveshaft, Thats Carter selling the glass on CL. Im still a ways out with nic nac shit also