71 dATTO cOMING ALIVE

I think that airdam is to big BIG for a unboxed flared 510.

will look like a bulldozer

maybe a spook or a flexdam will fit(look wise) better?

Or if this car is really nice ,they still look good w/o a airdam and a little more practicle.

My airdam from my yellow car cracked the fender cause its so low(going in my driveway)

Just my opinion here, but i dont think that airdam will look right on a straight stock bodied 510.

HPIM0261_thumb.jpg

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya in a way I agree.....but its diffrent and I like different....at first I liked the spook but with this one on it gives a box look to the front...I dunno. Its gonna be a accessory that is painted to match but if I want I can take it off the car..so im not sweatin it. I just dont like the roundness of the front valance

i agree !! dare to not follow but to leed !! do what you like and the rest will be easy!! be different thats what make us old school and not cookie cutter new school!!! aloha pat

I accidentally deleted the other pics from my photobucket then realized my post was all messed up....I hate that so I reloaded some pics. Today I got bored and did some work on my front console....

FRONT CONSOLE FROM A DATSUN TRUCK.....ADDED SOME EXTRA LIGHTING AND USED THE WIRES FROM MY OLD AUTO HARNESS THAT LIT UP THE AUTO SHIFTER

P7240034.jpg

P7240036.jpg

AND HERE ARE SOME PICS OF PROGRESS....SOME I HAD ALREADY POSTED BUT DELETED...OOPPS

THE ORANGE ONE WAS TO RUSTY SO I TRANSFERED ALL PARTS THE THE BLACK ONE AND CUT IT UP FOR SCRAP

5102014.jpg

STARTED CLEANING UP THE ENGINE BAY AND WELDING MISC HOLES AND BATTERY TRAY

P4090217.jpg

PRIMER SEALED THEN PAINTED....THEN DROPPED THE WEAK L BACK IN

datprimer.jpg

datsilver.jpg

P4140001.jpg

P5090004.jpg

STARTED LOOKING LIKE PROGRESS!!

P5090005.jpg

P5090003.jpg

PICKED UP SOME ZX WHEELS....PAINTED THEM GUNMETAL WITH ZX STRUTS AND GC COILOVERS

P5090006.jpg

P6200022.jpg

BACK END IS ON THE BUMPSTOPS FOR NOW

5102016.jpg

BODYWORK (SUCKS)

P6200021.jpg

P6200019-1.jpg

P6140002.jpg

LIL L16...GONNA HATE THE POWER

P6200011.jpg

JUNKYARD FINDS..NEW STANZA REAR DRUMS AND SENTRA BUCKET SEATS

P6200010.jpg

P6200009.jpg

Edited by SRSANDS

Thanks, I think so too. I bought them with two of them already that way and decided to do the other two the same. I took the time and polished the lip on one a couple weeks after I paitned them and that looked bad ass with the gunmetal but the work to do so wasnt worth it so I resprayed it...ha ha

Ya....I decided on that because I at first wanted a bright popin color but figured I would get tired of it so I had a buddy to come by and paint the engine bay. He showed up with teal yuk and silver for free so silver it is. Then a buddy has a decal machine and hes gonna make me the vintage dastsun rocker decals with the stripe in flat black....sweet

Oh ha ha I get it....sorry that was about eight months ago and it was too bad to sell panels....especially the rear section and rockers. I ended up cutting it all up with with cutt off wheels (14) of them and hauling it to the scrap metal place.....got 60 bucks ha haa

The car looks great, Love the engine bay nice and clean. And you still have the L motor, One day there will only be a couple of us left with the" L"

The only thing I see missing from your engine bay is a pair of these.

capsparts009.jpg

Yes I was thinking the same thing when I saw them....nice work....I may run camber plates so they wont work. However if you look at my new steering wheel it is missing the horn pad....didnt come in the box. If the dont ship me one I may need a billet style cap like that made for the wheel.....an idea

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I was doing some septic shit pumping at a customers house this week and I noticed he had a 99 Pathfinder sitting i his back yard with no front clip. I asked him what he was doing with it and he told me he just hasnt got around to calling the scrap hauler to come get it. I asked to look under the hood. He said go ahead................this is what I found VG33E

vg33.jpg

I asked if he minded if I took the motor out.....he replied go ahead take whatever you want!!!!! I know its gonna be a long time before I tackle the swap but a freebie....who could resist!