Blue Lake Show 2013

danfiveten

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I  use the gopayment one  for my business.  Works the same as others.  As long as you swipe the card and have them sign for it on your screen., it will protect you more about fraud. 

I  wouldnt use the PayPal one. they charge the most fees to process the credit card. Stick with the square  or gopayment.   Go in the web and check they're  prices

Blue Lake is a great meet. As a truck guy, I must confess I feel there needs to be more than one category for trucks, like early and late, based on how many always show up. For example, the roadsters always have 2 classes; low and high window, and the trucks out-number them by a lot but only have one class? Supwitdat? My .02, If I'm mistaken let me know...

• Like 2

Thanks for the info on the square guys, i already have a square card reader linked to bank account, just never actually used it, but from research seems safe, may be a experiment to try this year near end of the raffle to get people to spend a few more bucks ;)

And thats the type of feedback i look for, we will talk about it at the meeting for truck awards.  

Blue Lake is a great meet. As a truck guy, I must confess I feel there needs to be more than one category for trucks, like early and late, based on how many always show up. For example, the roadsters always have 2 classes; low and high window, and the trucks out-number them by a lot but only have one class? Supwitdat? My .02, If I'm mistaken let me know...

Maxima Class is kind of a joke too, 2 cars show up, 1st & 2nd place guys, rice on!

• 1 month later...

I  use the gopayment one  for my business.  Works the same as others.  As long as you swipe the card and have them sign for it on your screen., it will protect you more about fraud. 

I  wouldnt use the PayPal one. they charge the most fees to process the credit card. Stick with the square  or gopayment.   Go in the web and check they're  prices

Thanks for the info on the square guys, i already have a square card reader linked to bank account, just never actually used it, but from research seems safe, may be a experiment to try this year near end of the raffle to get people to spend a few more bucks ;)

And thats the type of feedback i look for, we will talk about it at the meeting for truck awards.  

So I just did some research for myself on mobile payment methods. Id like to be able to accept CCs at shows and meets once these shirts come rolling in. Anyway, looks like the big three are PayPal Here, GoPayment Intuit, and Square UP. Paypal is the cheapest between all three for times when youre only looking for a single days worth of payments. Fees are 2.70% swiped and 3.5% + $.15 if you key in the card. The other two options are 2.75%. 

The one option that is possible is a $12 monthly fee for GoPayment that drops the fees done to 1.75% Thats really nice if you accept money daily and can make up for that $12. Youd have to bring in at least $444.44 a month to make up for the $12 to pay for itself in the 2.70% fees... after that, it becomes worth it. 

Just some thoughts. 

Ill be picking up the PayPal one since its cheaper per transaction and I already have an account set up with them. Makes it easy. 

last year ....there was a wreck ... imusta left to early... what happened.....the square card reader thing was a joke....i have used and it seems legit although the first few times i was a custmer with one i was sketched out...but its 2013... most everything but beastiality is safe right?

last year ....there was a wreck ... imusta left to early... what happened.....the square card reader thing was a joke....i have used and it seems legit although the first few times i was a custmer with one i was sketched out...but its 2013... most everything but beastiality is safe right?

Eddie (Rotary510) was waiting in line to come in. There was a Civic owner behind him trying to show off. He started to do a burnout in line and fucked up which made him lurch forward and slam into Eddies car. Turns out the guy was drunk... Ruined Eddies bumper and shit.