DO NOT BUY WOODWARD FAB TOOLS!

So i found out tge hard way. I ordered a rotary shear... great idea, poor execution.

2013-03-12_12-46-26_130.jpg

2013-03-12_12-46-10_989.jpg

2013-03-12_12-45-23_997.jpg

2013-03-12_12-47-41_215.jpg

It arrived broken... i called, and got ahold of Phil, the owner? Anyway, he seemed "upset', that i would complain about his tool, and didnt believe it was broken. Said hes sold tens of thousands with no complaints. Weird, cause ive researched around could find anyone who owns one... he tell me go ahead and ship it back and he'll send another if it is broken. Ok, you're paying shipping right Phil? Nope! 60lbs is not cheap to ship! I explained how the design didn't seem up to the task, and asked him to send me one their traditional type shears... they're actually cheaper, and i need to get some work done. He says, nope cant do that. If you want to return it theres a 15% restocking fee, and THEN you can purchase another tool.

Long story short, paypal took care of it, im getting my money and Phil gets his named spread around so everyone knows how he and his company treats their customers. Woodward fab aka heck industries... go fuck yourselves.

• Like 2
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i found out tge hard way. I ordered a rotary shear... great idea, poor execution.

2013-03-12_12-46-26_130.jpg

2013-03-12_12-46-10_989.jpg

2013-03-12_12-45-23_997.jpg

It arrived broken... i called, and got ahold of Phil, the owner? Anyway, he seemed "upset', that i would complain about his tool, and didnt believe it was broken. Said hes sold tens of thousands with no complaints. Weird, cause ive researched around could find anyone who owns one... he tell me go ahead and ship it back and he'll send another if it is broken. Ok, you're paying shipping right Phil? Nope! 60lbs is not cheap to ship! I explained how the design didn't seem up to the task, and asked him to send me one their traditional type shears... they're actually cheaper, and i need to get some work done. He says, nope cant do that. If you want to return it theres a 15% restocking fee, and THEN you can purchase another tool.

Long story short, paypal took care of it, im getting my money and Phil gets his named spread around so everyone knows how he and his company treats their customers. Woodward fab aka heck industries... go fuck yourselves.

Oh its sheared rotary.

• Like 1

So it broke the first time you used it, and avoided the hassle of not getting a refund by claiming it arrived broken... nice... dishonest, but necessary...

If it actually did arrive broken, then the chinese made junk sold by that asshole gets to claim insurance against whatever shipping service they used... AKA fraud

Only reason I know they pull that shit is I've also received broken shit from China. God they piss me off

I even went as far as illuminating what they were doing to EBAY and USPS, have seen changes since, hopefully it will cut down on the fraud.

• Like 2

If you guys are talking about these scratches, it looks like it scratched itself to shit in shipping. So not only is it a crap casting (there is at least one large void) but the packaging was probably inadequate as well.

• Like 1

Sounds like someone works for Woodward...

Long story short... I left out lots of unnecessary details. Like my credit card number I used to buy it. The box was poorly held together, previously damaged, by whom? ??? No shipping insurance. Item shipped directly from Woodward, not from china. I did NOT break it, but according to phil its 60lbs of cast steel, even if it was drop off a truck, what I described was not possible. Also if I broke it, why not just take the free replacement?

Check out my thread on the tig welder I just bought... a perfect example of how some companies just get it. Woodward does not...

• Like 2
  • 4 years later...

Rotary Shear

This casting was repaired with weld, and then painted... I believe it was “in one piece at arrival” I also know the customer used this shear a few times and then it let go. I will not say if it was abused, that’s a stretch! I can tell it was used!! I work in a well know foundry, so you got to believe. Now please we all know why the customer bought from fucking China $$$. So please buy American and help us keep our USA quality in check. The job you save may be your own, along with the hassle...

-Tom  

• Like 2

Rotary Shear

This casting was repaired with weld, and then painted... I believe it was “in one piece at arrival” I also know the customer used this shear a few times and then it let go. I will not say if it was abused, that’s a stretch! I can tell it was used!! I work in a well know foundry, so you got to believe. Now please we all know why the customer bought from fucking China $$$. So please buy American and help us keep our USA quality in check. The job you save may be your own, along with the hassle...

-Tom  

Is this a rebuttal from Woodward?

A bit late I'd say, the last post was 4 years ago.

Way to wake up the dead.

Tom.

• Like 3