Repro 72 510 SSS Grille & Supersonic badges

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say pass on the chrome vinyl, but everything else looks great. Seems like a sold product. 

CorAce, did you figure out your heat issue?

He is trying something different on this grill, so far I havent noticed a change. It is still at the same level with the hood since last night.

Chrome vinyl, I did a shitty job applying it. Didnt even bother to clean the grill first. Considering most spray paints look nothing more than bare aluminum, Ill try it out in the future with more effort applied.

He is trying something different on this grill, so far I havent noticed a change. It is still at the same level with the hood since last night.

Chrome vinyl, I did a shitty job applying it. Didnt even bother to clean the grill first. Considering most spray paints look nothing more than bare aluminum, Ill try it out in the future with more effort applied.

Yeah chrome paint is horrid. 

For reference (you may or may not already know) they area that you applied vinyl to is not chrome nor metal on the real part. Its silver trim paint they used for everything. The only shiny metal is the top center bar and the supersonic emblem. 

So I stopped by Coracs's house...

I am extremely happy with this grill, it came out very nice! The fitment is just about spot on. And lines up on the car very well. The last few pics show a piece of chrome vinyl I wanted to see on something.

Thanks man, it was fun having you over to talk Datto with. I'm glad to hear its holding up so far. I think you should try the wrap on the center bar for kicks.

CorAce, did you figure out your heat issue?

On the one Jacob's testing out for me I epoxied some aluminum flat bar in the back side for structure. I have another one I'm imbedding some 1\4" allthread in the mold but I have yet to test it. It would appear the flat bar is working though.

• Like 1

Figures when this baby is about to roll out, i get fucked on the cash situation by workers comp closing my case for no reason :(   Hopefully by the time these roll out, my appeal goes through and i have money again. Just sucks lol, the more pics i see the more excited i get. 

Figures when this baby is about to roll out, i get fucked on the cash situation by workers comp closing my case for no reason :(   Hopefully by the time these roll out, my appeal goes through and i have money again. Just sucks lol, the more pics i see the more excited i get. 

Have you thought about learning a skill that doesnt require any physical movement? Im sure it wont bring in anything close to Workers Comp, but would be better than nothing. Plus you wont be just taking money from the Govt. 

The money comes froma  insurance company, not the government, not like im sitting on disability.

And no, by law they are supposed to re-train me, they are trying some illegal shit right that my lawyer says is ridiculous, but now its the waiting game.  This greedy insurance company could of got me re-trained years ago because ive made no improvements medical wise, yet they sit...sit...sit...and then say go fuck yourself.  Not like most of the people on work comp want to be on it, but they drag things out on people. If you have never been in the situation, then you dont know what its like to deal with.

I've found it's easiest to lay down the silver first then mask it and shoot the rest black. You should end up with a cleaner line.

Yep, thats how I did my grille when I had it as well as the GL tails. They make slim width masking tape so once the silver/grey dries I just covered the trim and laid down the black. Came out great! I have to redo my GL tails though because of a crack in the plastic :(

Well now that i have to move to a cheaper place in beaverton, at least i can easily afford one of these now when their ready, and be closer to you LOL

Just my opinion, but maybe you should be spending the cash on bills instead of car parts... that is why you are moving, right?

Only have 4 bills, its rent that we cant afford. The bills is no problem, we couldnt even make our rent without bills.  Well be saving 1300 a month moving where we are and cutting rent in half, if i have to go back to driving the purple car every day, i want a kick ass grill to make people go OHHH  (plus something to make myself feel better). 

Only have 4 bills, its rent that we cant afford. The bills is no problem, we couldnt even make our rent without bills.  Well be saving 1300 a month moving where we are and cutting rent in half, if i have to go back to driving the purple car every day, i want a kick ass grill to make people go OHHH  (plus something to make myself feel better). 

Fuck your bills,buy the grill,you need to ask yourself what makes you feel better a grill or paying your bills and at least you look good driving around broke.lol

Laecaon stopped by last night to swap his last ball joint out and lemme tell you....

this grill is TITS

i have no other words for it,

it looks like a factory piece, smooth, even, flush, and super clean...

Seriously Coreace....... GREAT FUCKING JOB

• Like 1

I just received my drivers side eybrow replacement. The quality is pretty excellent. Thanks so much.

Glad you like it, post up some pics when you get it on the car.

Laecaon stopped by last night to swap his last ball joint out and lemme tell you....

this grill is TITS

i have no other words for it,

it looks like a factory piece, smooth, even, flush, and super clean...

Seriously Coreace....... GREAT FUCKING JOB

And who doesn't like tits! thanks for the promo.

I haven't had much time to work on this in the last couple of weeks, work has really ramped up. I have already got 66 hours in this week and its only Thursday. I did get some new resin on order that supposed to be good up to 250 deg. so maybe we'll see if that solves my problem. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, summer is taking its toll on my time. I have the new resin but just haven't had the time to fab up the new parts. I'm hoping to get to it this week but I cant make any promises. I have family coming in the first half of the week and the wife wants to go camping the second half.