My new purchase!!!

1lo620

Well I did it, I bought that OldSchool 620 that was all done up in the bay area on craigslist forever..I got a deal and I shipped it up here and i got it today...All I can say is that, even if you dont like Old School style, this truck is frickin incredible....I cant even begin to tell you about the detail and and the custom work....As soon as I can borrow a camera I will get pics up...so dont keep saying what about pics...I dont own a Digitial Camera...It is truley a smooth truck....Will a hell of alot more detial and custom work than my Blue show truck...

IMG_0003.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some more pics (sorry for the size photobucket isnt letting me resize keeps kicking me off) of the truck that I got from the previous owner...The one with the trailer is what it use to look like before the make over..and yes I got the trailer with it...

The targa top has the section with it so I can put it back on, justs needs the brackets put back on....All is there just needs to be put back together and a complete interior...Anybody know a good upholstery person...? Again I will get some more pics up soon..

I want to get it up and going, maybe lower it a bit, all that will take it putting smaleer tires on it...those are 295, and 245s, I dont mind the old school look. I kind of adds a bit of charm to it..

But I will say this, the canopy is gone...Cant take that style..I have areal nice Solid Leer canopy that will fit right on it..But I kind of like the look with out the canopy,,we will see...

IMG_0013.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

I think that if you were to keep the super wide look of the tires but go to a very short sidewall profile and lower it to keep the fenderwell gap about what it is now that you could maintain most of its old school look.

Jason

Very nice... I love the detail put into the underside of the truck. Looks like someone really loved it... the paint on the frame looks great. I think the exhaust is too low though... if it ran right underneath the frame it would be ok, but right now it just looks like it's hanging on and it's kinda out of place. As for canopy vs no canopy... the way it stands now, I like it with the canopy. Maybe if you tucked the exhaust up higher and put the rear bumper on it would look good sans canopy. Do you have a rear window for it? And maybe it's just me, but it looks like the paint on the driver's door is slightly off... Was it designed that way, or is the paint a bit faded? Or am I just seeing things?

Looks great though... can I ask how much?

Ya whom ever built the truck did a hell of a job, I just cant believe he didnt want to finish it..But oh well I will take it form here....The exhaust just needs to be put back on to the hanger brackets, But I am going to try to push it up bit, so it doesnt get all destroyed by draggin every where. ...I am not sure if I am going to put a canopy on or not,,,I have a nice Cab Hi Leer that will fit on it...I just dont like that look of canopy, even if it does fit the style... I also have a back window, I actually have a old school Flex Thru window I have had forever...it didnt come with one because the guy had it open between the canopy and cab. ANd as for the paint. I was told buy the guy that I go it form it was painted but never color sanded and rubbed out...So, some of it looks dull, it just needs to be rubbed out..I hope...!! I will get some pics up soon, My Buddy has a digital camera and we will get some photos....

sweet truck man, how could someone get so far with it and not finish? at least finish it just to sell it for as much as possible. i bet the chrome cost as much as he charged you for it. i have even seen the ad and i'm across the country! i love it with or without the canopy.

Dave the only issue i see if you run the other shell is that it'll have to be painted to match. The finish appears to be candy which is very difficult at best to match. The amount of chrome is amazing too..im glad i dont have to clean it all..unless you bring it to JCCS then ill help out:D

dave what a score, are those mclean wires, if so hang on to them, very rare now as mclean went under a few years back. also are they 14" or 15", the reason is if u are going to get rid of the tires i'm looking for 14" old school bfg's , going to do up the king kab70's style, more on that later, let me know:D tom

Holy chrome!!! :D I like it :D

Where are you keeping this one? Is it near seattle? I would like to check it out!

Looks like the brakes need to be hooked up in the back to.

Ya it is by my house with my blue truck. I am putting it all back together now. I hope to try to fire it up this weekend. It has a electronic fan on it I need to figure that out, and the dash is all custom with togle switches so I have to figure that out. But it is all there and i just hope it runs!!!!

I may need your expert advice jeff, if this thing doesnt fire up...

Ya it is by my house with my blue truck. I am putting it all back together now. I hope to try to fire it up this weekend. It has a electronic fan on it I need to figure that out, and the dash is all custom with togle switches so I have to figure that out. But it is all there and i just hope it runs!!!!

I may need your expert advice jeff, if this thing doesnt fire up...

Give me a call this weekend when you are working on it, I may have time to swing by and check it out :D

• 5 months later...