1200 SS aka The Baby Nova

jb1200

For a class competition Drag race car? yes it does need all that, but for a daily car or a weekend warrior? nahh just a waste of money!

Basically it will be all of the above except for the competition part. How much do you really think I paid for the monster rearend?

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah jrock4224 my engine plans go way beyond the 307. You see that is just a mock up and starter motor that I picked up rebuilt for dirt cheap. My ultimate horsepower goal for this car is well over 500, so I have to build the car like a tank. B)  :thumbup:

your doing it!!!! but for now it will be nice to know u can learn all the tuneability of the car on a slower paced motor ... will definately help u set the car up better having that knowl;edge for when its 500 ponnies.....i openly doubted this thread early on your proving me wrong nice fucking job

Basically it will be all of the above except for the competition part. How much do you really think I paid for the monster rearend?

As a Fabricator myself and being narrowing and fabricating rear ends for a living more than 8 years ago, i could only guess as many other shops can charge different but i will trow out a number and you can tell me how far i am from the real numbers, I said $4800 for the final product if is complete ready to bolt on no brake system!

As a Fabricator myself and being narrowing and fabricating rear ends for a living more than 8 years ago, i could only guess as many other shops can charge different but i will trow out a number and you can tell me how far i am from the real numbers, I said $4800 for the final product if is complete ready to bolt on no brake system!

LOL...Toyota1515 check out this site it will blow your mind. wintersracing.net

LOL...Toyota1515 check out this site it will blow your mind. wintersracing.net

OK 950 for just the housing another 450 to 500 on nice mark williams axles with bearings, and another 1200 to 1600 on a good third member with gears and a spool ohh and add another 450 if u want to use a good limited slip setup on it, on and on by the time you end up with all brake setup and coilovers on it will be close to what i told you, as i told you, not bad not bad!

Even for drag racing there would never be that many adjustment holes,, that's why you use a new invention called adjustable Heim joints to move rear end around.. It looks cute though.

Heim Joints don't change the pivot location though, they just lengthen/shorten the 4 link arms.  Changing the pivot locations using plates like the ones pictured can make a huge difference in how a drag car launches.

Heim Joints don't change the pivot location though, they just lengthen/shorten the 4 link arms.  Changing the pivot locations using plates like the ones pictured can make a huge difference in how a drag car launches.

Yes i understand why the holes are there it's the amount of them that i was commenting on.. ie , holes inside of holes that seem to take some of the structural integrity out of them all,, especially the outside ones.

It's his car,, and that's just an observation.

:)

Yeah jrock4224 my engine plans go way beyond the 307. You see that is just a mock up and starter motor that I picked up rebuilt for dirt cheap. My ultimate horsepower goal for this car is well over 500, so I have to build the car like a tank. B)  :thumbup:

Looks like It can handle over 1000 HP.

What is your target weight for the car?

The original weighed about 1575-1600lbs.

Are you using steel, or aluminum for the floor sheetmetal? 

Looks like It can handle over 1000 HP.

What is your target weight for the car?

The original weighed about 1575-1600lbs.

Are you using steel, or aluminum for the floor sheetmetal?

The target weight I really haven't considered...I would say less than 2000lbs. I'm gonna be using a 67 camaro floor (steel).

The target weight I really haven't considered...I would say less than 2000lbs. I'm gonna be using a 67 camaro floor (steel).

Are you using an all alloy LSX ? I was thinking more of under 2300 lbs wet, w/o driver.

The Camaro repro floor made in China might be fairly light, the original slightly heavier. 

We had a Pinto with a similiarly set up chassis with an all cast iron SBC/Powerglide, but lots of fiberglass, plexiglass and aluminum sheetmetal, weighed about #2100 wet.

Are you using an all alloy LSX ? I was thinking more of under 2300 lbs wet, w/o driver.

The Camaro repro floor made in China might be fairly light, the original slightly heavier. 

We had a Pinto with a similiarly set up chassis with an all cast iron SBC/Powerglide, but lots of fiberglass, plexiglass and aluminum sheetmetal, weighed about #2100 wet.

Yeah CGS1948, the floor is light. yeah its an all alumiun block LSX. 

Look this is a stock chassis ladder bar suspension Datsun 1200 with a 900 WHP rotary Turbo engine on 28 x 10.5 slick tire and a ford 9 inch stock front suspension and a 7.5 certified 25.5 cage on it, so i really think this car will be capable of hold way more than OP could put in it, this is built like a tank literally!

I noticed that, maybe more suited for a rotary, or a crotch rocket?  :confused:  JB, could you fill us in on this?

LOL... the 16k tach is just for show. I might use half of that with the final engine thats going in...might

LOL... the 16k tach is just for show. I might use half of that with the final engine thats going in...might

Nah, just use a resistor or two in the speedo circuit, so when you are twistin' 16k, it will only show 8k...  :rofl: