GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am a dummy when it comes to suspension geometry. If i use 3inch blocks of course i have issues in the back with the driveline hitting the transmission tunnel. If i de arch my rear leafs will it still hit ? So really all I can do is cut and re weld the transmission tunnel to go down 3in in the back?

Not sure what the restrictions on joining the Qoon Squad is...

but the GOON SQUAD welcomes you!

bigger for those who can't see...

dscf0624dd.jpg

cool! I like it!

-goki

Is that some kinda poke at old dudes Josh? :lol:

I have a REALLY silly-ass question..(And no I haven't spent a lot of time checking it out on the car) BUT,

How the fuck do you change the bulbs on these early-type side markers?

You can't get to it from under the hood, and there are no screws to take the cover off. I'm not quite ready to try prying it off as of yet :)

og8.JPG

Ha! There is NO truer statement :cool: If I knew how I would put that as one of those "He said" things :blink:

haha... my 1st sig quote!!!

Just hit "quote" under what I said and then copy and paste it into your signature in where you edit your profild.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm finally gonna check in on here after seeing this post but never having any good pictures of my goon mellow.gif. I've got a 68 with a frankenstein motor (NAPS-Z block, KA pistons, L16 head), 5-speed from a 280zx, front coilover setup from Troy Ermish, stock leafs in the rear with flipped bottom leaf (stiffer + lower), Alpine Type R speakers and subs, and custom upholstered interior. I really want to either build this engine or do a swap soon but my dream is either a VG setup or a built ($) KA-T or SR20. For suspension I've always wanted to do an independent rear end swap, but time and money for that aren't really here sad.gif, plus i really want to end up with a 4-link rear and bag the car so it can still be my daily but also super low for shows and being parked and such. It sure is a money pit but I love my Datsun!tongue.gif

Here are some pics! biggrin.gif

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG

With my friend's newly lowered 300zx as well!

IMG_1605.JPG

Stereo:

Trunk%2525201.jpg

Before the 300zx was lowered :/

219551_10150161590360924_535195923_6895963_5488155_o.jpg

Engine before my oil leak turned my engine bay brown and this one still has my old carb

Engine%2525201.jpg

Hope you like it!

I am a dummy when it comes to suspension geometry. If i use 3inch blocks of course i have issues in the back with the driveline hitting the transmission tunnel. If i de arch my rear leafs will it still hit ? So really all I can do is cut and re weld the transmission tunnel to go down 3in in the back?

With a 3 inch block you might need to do that. De arching it will still hit under heavy load in the rear or hard starts. You can also get a 4 degree wedge put into your blocks or under them to pivot the axle to correct the pinon angle which should help. What I did was flip the bottom leaf in the pack which lowered it but also made it stiffer in the rear so its less likely to hit the diff now. I still want to be lower so i might throw in an inch or two block with a 4 degree wedge and see how that turns out.

Oh I like very much. I like the smoked lenses. I have kinda wanted to do that myself...

How bright are the front sidemarkers/ turn signals?

Thanks! Sadly during the day both those and my taillights are nearly impossible to be seen :/ (slightly dangerous as well). During the night they look sick though! I've been meaning to find some brighter bulbs or make some LED ones myself, just haven't really got around to it...

Off the top of my head I don't remember... but I'll get back to you on it! The front is 280zx struts now with a coilover setup

Clean goon Bro. I dig the whole set up.