gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine's lower.

I think I'm in the running for lower too;)

IMG_0038.jpg

The goons just keep coming!!! Nice start 72wagun! I'll keep an eye on your build thread.

Check out my response to the tunnel cutting.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?p=158225#post158225

Yes I did cut up the rear seat. I could strengthen it but it has held up fine carrying my two kids around. As far as the front, I have shortened stock struts, Ground Control adjustable coil overs and I made my own top hat and gained another inch in drop and travel. Search around RATSUN and you'll find all sorts of options for the front.

By the way, I've had the car since 2002 and i still don't have a radio. It's too much fun to listen to the L16.

IMG_0027.jpg

I am glad a lot of people are getting into wagons.

To Pacific Coast Datsun I just got back from Japan and got a copy of Vintage Auto the one with Rich Roberts Bluebird and there is a segmennt on US cars and shows and your wagon was in one of the pics. I will take a pic later and post up.

Slammed Goon Guys!

So I'm itching to go lower, but as it sits, I've got next to no suspension travel (at least... in the DOWNWARD department!) and over heavy bumps, the struts bottom out. I know how to shorten my struts, as that's what I did to the stock 510 struts before I got 280zx struts, and I know that's the route that I have to go up front.

My question is about what inserts to use up front. I know I've heard Miata inserts being used as they have lots of aftermarket support and I can get them with adjustable damping. Is this the route to go, or are there other/better ways to go?

As far as the rear, I've been rolling on KYB's as a fairly stock replacement for the blown out POS's I had on there to start. I have a feeling I'm near the end of their limits too, though. What are people using in back for lowered Wagons? (BESIDES air struts, you wannabe-bagged sonuvabitch!)

I'm about to try some miata inserts here soon. I got a hell of a deal on Koni yellows, The shop I go to ordered them for a customer and he flaked. I got both for $10, so I figured what the hell.:D

my bud told me short stroke camaro shocks for the rear. Not sure which year I need to ask him

Slammed Goon Guys!

So I'm itching to go lower, but as it sits, I've got next to no suspension travel (at least... in the DOWNWARD department!) and over heavy bumps, the struts bottom out. I know how to shorten my struts, as that's what I did to the stock 510 struts before I got 280zx struts, and I know that's the route that I have to go up front.

My question is about what inserts to use up front. I know I've heard Miata inserts being used as they have lots of aftermarket support and I can get them with adjustable damping. Is this the route to go, or are there other/better ways to go?

As far as the rear, I've been rolling on KYB's as a fairly stock replacement for the blown out POS's I had on there to start. I have a feeling I'm near the end of their limits too, though. What are people using in back for lowered Wagons? (BESIDES air struts, you wannabe-bagged sonuvabitch!)

Greengoon- do you have a brand/part # for the air shocks?

I've had two different sets of Monroe Max-Air. I used part# 48805 when I just had the 3" blocks but had to go to the smallest shock they make when I dearched the springs: #48756. Not sure what they're off of, just went to the parts counter and looked the sizes up in their catalog.

I bought (ugh! in advance) a Spectre product from Pep Boys today... Before you kill me, though, I've been looking for this for a while, actually. It's one of those "air scoop" things in sweet, expensive, chrome plastic!

I'm happy to report, though, that it fits perfect in my empty headlight socket, and really brightened up the front end of the Boso Goon!

IMG00034-20090511-1736.jpg

Also, at work the other day, a customer parked his truck next to the wagon, his wife got out, and then immediately realized how low my car was and called her husband over and they had a chuckle.

IMG00033-20090507-1957.jpg

I just remembered...I have 2 pairs (4 total) of BRAND NEW goon KYB rear shocks. Anyone interested? Let me know!

are they gr2 or something harder?

Yes I'd like to see how you did it. It looks like you used the VG motor mounts?

The VG was a great upgrade on my wagon, I still want more power though:lol:

I got the kit from Experimantal Eng. I don't have the equipment to weld... or the skill :o