GOONS check in

gokiburix

Yep, you're probably right. Wish there were better selections for 14s.... :sleep:

14s are like the ugly sister. You couldn't get with the flashier 15 who was super hot, but you also couldn't get with the old school loving 13 with the quirky -- but very attractive -- grin; so you had to settle with the 14 who can't get any clothes that fit so she always under-performs. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, you're probably right. Wish there were better selections for 14s.... :sleep:

If you're willing to go that low, there is... 

A 165/55-14 tire is about the same profile size. And it looks pretty good on a 14x7 (or a 14x6 even)...

10407217_10152190741752983_8833272746715

And honestly, as far as tire choices go, there ain't shit available in 13" either...    :rofl:

• Like 1

Wow dude. Love the look with the slots.

How did you get such tiny tires on there? Are those 15s?

Thanks! They are 14s actually which I think are perfect. 15s too big, 13s too small at this height. As it is, my crossmember is less than 2" off the ground.

They are Federals 165/55/14 in back on 7" wheels and 155/55/14 on 6" wheels in the front.

B00C1329-72F1-4AF9-83F8-5F0B5E54EC5D_zps

My wife Kimberly & I picked up this '73 Datsun 610 goon from MicroMachinery sunday. We had a lot of help getting it from his place to where it's stored temporally until it's running ( by September ). Thanks go out to everyone involved that day!20140601_200113.jpg

• Like 2

Wrong thread ^^^^ lol :p

Me? It's still a goon. Or should I have posted in the 610 threads, or maybe the "pay it forward thread" since micro machinery gave us such a good deal on it? Not the wrecking yard thread, I hope. It's not THAT rough.

My wife Kimberly & I picked up this '73 Datsun 610 goon from MicroMachinery sunday. We had a lot of help getting it from his place to where it's stored temporally until it's running ( by September ). Thanks go out to everyone involved that day!20140601_200113.jpg

FAIL

As long as nobody's actually offended that there's a 610 goon posted here, I'm ok. I do own a 510 Goon as well. I bought it in nearly the same condition as this 610 is. Swapped in an l20b/5 speed & have driven it daily ever since. It was our "family car, until our youngest was born 2 years ago. Now it's mostly my transportation.

I've seen maxima wagons posted here, welcomed by everyone who posted at the time. I have seen other non -510 wagons here too, so why does my 610 bother you? Maybe GOKIBURIX. Should chime in here & settle this. Was it his intent when he started this thread that it be 510's only, or just a thread for wagons in general that he happened to put in the 510 section. By the way, I have been posting in this thread since the beginning, so I think I have a pretty good idea of his original intentions. I'm not trying to cause trouble by posting this, or my pic of my 610 here the other day either. Just saying.

At the time when I started this thread, goons seemed to be the underdog, so I wanted to bring like minded people together.

There have been non-510 goons as well as Bonvo's Subaru goon and other non-datsun goons if I remember correctly.

I kind of remember there not being sections...I could be wrong, but there were (and still are) more 510 goons than any other Datsun model.

I only made sense to make it here (as I had a 510 goon at the time as well).

ALL GOONS WELCOME to check in 

Happy GOONING!

• Like 3