GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got back to my three door dime. Got the hood and NOS fenders primer'd and hung on the car. Need to pull the drivers side and pull the core a bit by the headlight bucket. Looks like it was pushed in and never fixed right.

B6129D6D-FAD3-410C-B569-974143F5C7A8_zps

I hope to be driving this come fall.

• Like 1

Finally got back to my three door dime. Got the hood and NOS fenders primer'd and hung on the car. Need to pull the drivers side and pull the core a bit by the headlight bucket. Looks like it was pushed in and never fixed right.

B6129D6D-FAD3-410C-B569-974143F5C7A8_zps

I hope to be driving this come fall.

ok that is straight up too awesome!! more info on this green 3 DOOR goon?!?!? 

The 3 door goon was built by a Ratsun member (scooter stuff) about 20 years ago. He sold it and that owner had it for 15+ years. It came up for sale a few years ago and I bought it.

The car has two door 510 doors (about 5" longer then stock wagon front doors) and 2 door B pillars and front section of the quarter panels grafted to the rear section of the wagon quarter panel. Custom pop out quarter windows. It's powered by an L20B with SU carbs and a dogleg 5 speed.

9469254F-4A75-460C-8FC1-AB9F250CB62E-706

• Like 1

Swapped wheels with Slick McFavorite. I did the swap& change over during the Blue Lake Datsun show. Here's a pic of my goon before the swap.

20140810_071708.jpg

And here's a pic with the new wheels. 20140810_184009.jpg

I think the new wheels look alot better apready, but I will be removing the yellowish, chipping clearcoat, Painting the "cross" section gold, polishing the lips& a few other areas on the wheels, &then repainting my stripes to match.

• Like 1