• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that a burn on banana?

Kidding. 

Don't do that!  :P

:crying:

No, you have a good point there. I shouldn't say it's "easy" when it's really not. Civics are easy. Datsuns require patience, hard work, cutting and welding, cursing, the occasional ice cold can of Sapporo, and did I say patience?   :rofl:

I've done it enough times that I can do it quickly, but it's not really easy.

And I'd really hate for someone to get in over their head on some project because I convinced them just how easy it was... 

• Like 2

It does look like there is a different slope.  I've never tried it, all the "small door" ones I have are wagons.  Maybe I'll check the glass sections, they are usually more accurate. 

The rear glass and the smaller glass that does not lower are different part numbers between sedan and wagons.

Don't do that!  :P

No, you have a good point there. I shouldn't say it's "easy" when it's really not. Civics are easy. Datsuns require patience, hard work, cutting and welding, cursing, the occasional ice cold can of Sapporo, and did I say patience?   :rofl:

I've done it enough times that I can do it quickly, but it's not really easy.

And I'd really hate for someone to get in over their head on some project because I convinced them just how easy it was... 

Don't forget busting rust and knuckles at the same time. 

Wait-Texas guy...You know nothing of rust. 

You bastard!

• Like 1

The rear glass and the smaller glass that does not lower are different part numbers between sedan and wagons.

You must have the parts book - what about the 5-door hatchback?

4 dr hatch is a totally different number.

Interesting. 

So you say the glass is different-but not the door?

4 dr hatch is a totally different number.

Lovely.  Well, that explains why Saturn made a big deal out of the fact that their wagon and sedan doors were interchangeable (Ford made the same big deal with the 2nd Gen Taurus).  Which is now common practice, even when it makes wagons really ugly due to the roofline differences.  On a 510, which was a box on wheels to begin with, it shouldn't have been that difficult to make a compromise on roofline that didn't look like crap AND kept the door frames the same height.  I'm a BIG fan of interchangeability. 

Interesting. 

So you say the glass is different-but not the door?

I think both the glass and door are different part numbers.  My Hollander book states the door SKIN is the same, though HOW you could possibly change the doorskin on a welded unit door is beyond me.  Helluva lot easier to change the door.

• Like 1

On a 510, which was a box on wheels to begin with, it shouldn't have been that difficult to make a compromise on roofline that didn't look like crap AND kept the door frames the same height.  I'm a BIG fan of interchangeability. 

You missed a key point. Nissan was also big fans of interchangeability. But instead of making the 4dr and wagon doors the same, they made the 2dr and 4dr use the same roof.  ;)

Better to make one giant part (roof) that's interchangeable between two cars than one small part (window frame).    B)

Don't forget busting rust and knuckles at the same time. 

Wait-Texas guy...You know nothing of rust. 

You bastard!

Not so much, no.    :rofl:

Only when I've bought cars that did time up in the Kansas area have I had a lot of rusty bolts to deal with.  :thumbup:

How is that an HLA10? HLA10 = Sedan. That's a.... wtf?

Obviously it's a sedan, but i've never seen a '5-door sedan' 

That antennae position has me curious too...

More info!

It is. 

I was trying to get one of those. 

I knew they existed-but it was the first one I had ever seen. 

Crazy yellow color. Not like Laffy Taffy yellow-more like Charlie Brown's shirt.