A10's U-nite !!!!

Yes, the storage box had a lid.  The plastic hinge always breaks off.  Only 79-81 had the storage box (and as far as I know all 79-81s did) BUT the storage box fits perfectly into the '78 console, as the console mold was exactly the same all years. 

Doors:  4-door, Wagon, and 5-door Hatchback doors for 78-81 are identical as far as I can tell.  This is different than the PL510, which had different rear doors for 4-doors and wagons.   Now, the 2-door cars (Coupe and Sedan) had VERY different doors from each other.  The coupe had no window frame; sedans did.

I've pulled the pedal box from both manual and automatics, and there's only one pivot point on the automatic pedal box (for the brake).  A10, B310, S110, all are like that.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Far as I know- I've never tried it, never having had a 4-door sedan.  My interchange books are sketchy- one says they do interchange, the other says they don't.    I can't swear by the interchange manual, though, as both claim the automatic & Manual driveshafts are identical and there's at least a 6" difference in length.

I don't have a parts manual which would say if the part number is the same.  Unlike the PL510, the roofline isn't different (which is why the PL510 doors don't switch).

I'm loving this thread.

It's like 2 different builds all in one.

Wish I could snag the parts car I know of.

So anxious/excited to get to work.

Also wish I was closer to Seattle and those 2 yarded cars!

Holic and freak... :thumbup:

There's only 1 yard car now. The yellow wagon earlier in this post has been... ...crushed.

I had that very thought. 

Must've missed the picture. 

I was lowering one off my lift the other day. My lift controls are in front of the vehicle when on rack. 

So I stared at this '88 Tacoma long enough to be convinced. 

I would have taken measurements had the car not been a waiter.  

Damn. I'm 7am-7pm 4 days week. level 2 tech. I'm on 21 so I'm not doin too bad for myself haha

Our schedule changes every 4 weeks. 

I'm 8-4:30, T-Sat for now. 

Toyota of Tri-Cities. 

Anyways, let's not muddle this thread with Toyota talk-unless it's Tacoma bumbers!