• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Damn you. 

I can never keep up with that thread.

Wasn`t being spiteful just saying maybe you should make the long trek before the crush it ,,, i know we would..

The one at lynnwood is amazing. but its an automatic. the dash cover is perfect, i just couldnt get it off :(

did you try licking it in its naughty place?

The one at lynnwood is amazing. but its an automatic. the dash cover is perfect, i just couldnt get it off :(

Something we found out by luck,,,,,,,,,,  the automatic trans is the same lenght as the longtail Z/ZX longtail 5speed so it basically has a dirt cheap shortened driveline and trans bracket that fits one also... If you have Napperz motor with a 4speed , that info probably don`t matter cuz you could use one of those 720 shorttail ones and just drop it in with no modification anyway...

Jusyt to scare you a little bit...

Here`s a oic of a car they crushed in Tacoma pick n pull ,, it went to crusher almost complete

Grad_Alki007_zps64e278b4.jpg

Since  for insurance purposes i still technically still own The Warthog here`s some oics of it ,, to  offset all this text..

Grad_Alki004_zpsdd18b3d3.jpg

Grad_Alki005_zpsc442d314.jpg

TrackFBallMisc004_zps55ed2c90.jpg

Jusyt to scare you a little bit...

Here`s a oic of a car they crushed in Tacoma pick n pull ,, it went to crusher almost complete

Grad_Alki007_zps64e278b4.jpg

I was literally sad when I went back and they said they had crushed that one, that car was beautiful. MINTY MINT hood and fenders. I wanted them so bad but was broke at the time. I had actually offered to buy the whole car from them but they said they cant do that. I some-what argued with them and said "...So what, you'd rather crush it and not make money on it, cause I'll give you $300 right now!..."

Assholes.

On a side note, I LITERALLY saved my A10 from Tacoma Pick n Pull. I was getting gas in my '78 B210GX and saw this middle aged woman pumping gas in the A10 and ran up to her briskly walked as fast as possible and asked if she wanted to sell it. She replied "...Actually I'm on my way to PnP, they're giving me $250 ( !!! ) for it ..." I was unsure if there were any other datto freaks around so I quietly said I'd give her X amount for it, hoping someone wouldn't chime in with a higher offer. She said OK, let me get your number.... I didn't hear from her for almost 2 months, fearing that she junked it but I finally got a call and went and bought it two days later.

A datsun saved is a datsun earned.  ;)

• Like 2

What i know is my son is to poor to buy a good Ka24e :D

We were going to wing it ,, i have a couple local flatbills that owe us favors ,, to wire it for us, but i have pretty much everthing needed here to make our own motor mounts, radiator swap if needed and such.. We were going to use the longtail Z 5speed that is in the car now and just switch bellhousings to fit KA.

Nice. Yeah... I'm pretty much winging it. I have confidence! I once found a very old post from around 2003 or so on an aussie datsun forum where a guy said the KA 'literally' bolts right in. I believe all you have to do i drill the holes in the mount brackets a bit bigger - i think? Unsure, but I'll figure out soon-ish.

,, to wire it for us, 

Well, from my 'extensive'  :rofl: 240sx knowledge there are 'literally'  like 5 wires to make a KA run - NOT including the ecu harness, of course. KA's are easy to get to run. Gotta love the 90's eh?

I

On a side note, I LITERALLY saved my A10 from Tacoma Pick n Pull. I was getting gas in my '78 B210GX and saw this middle aged woman pumping gas in the A10 and ran up to her briskly walked as fast as possible and asked if she wanted to sell it. She replied "...Actually I'm on my way to PnP, they're giving me $250 ( !!! ) for it ..." I was unsure if there were any other datto freaks around so I quietly said I'd give her X amount for it, hoping someone wouldn't chime in with a higher offer. She said OK, let me get your number.... I didn't hear from her for almost 2 months, fearing that she junked it but I finally got a call and went and bought it two days later.

A datsun saved is a datsun earned.  ;)

If you had a first design 510  ,,,,,,, old ladies briskly walk over to you at gas stations ..

• Like 1