A10's U-nite !!!!

I once found a very old post from around 2003 or so on an aussie datsun forum where a guy said the KA 'literally' bolts right in. I believe all you have to do i drill the holes in the mount brackets a bit bigger 

If the 510 had a Z20 to start with, yes any S13 engine will bolt straight in. You will probably need to transfer over your old engine mounts to get it to sit at the correct height. The S13 mounts will have it sitting a tiny bit too high. 

If it had an L20b, you will either need to find the Z20 mounts or slightly modify the S13 mounts to make it sit lower. 

There is a very good chance clearance at the sway bar will be very tight, and it may need to be spaced down a bit. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick is real straight just couldn`t rouse neighbors to come out into cold to hold metal framing square ..anyway

seems its 30 1/4"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzand

I

But shaft is farther in and you would probably need the right yoke

Pics from when i asked for trans was identified as probably a truck one.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Honestly, my HLA10 isn't ever going to show quality, let a lone nice at all haha! So I don't mind cutting back the shifter hole a little to make it fit, but we'll see how things line up. 

There's one thing holding me up from this swap..... an engine hoist. Who's got one?

Honestly, my HLA10 isn't ever going to show quality, let a lone nice at all haha! So I don't mind cutting back the shifter hole a little to make it fit, but we'll see how things line up. 

There's one thing holding me up from this swap..... an engine hoist. Who's got one?

I was more concerned for lining up in the center console hole. 

Need a combo switch assy/clam shell. 

Need a drivers door. 

Need latch guts for LF and RR door.

Need a pedal box for clutch swap. 

Need clutch hardline/clutch master/slave, slave hose

Cars needs a dash. But I want it. LOL. 

Want a round eye grill/lights/housings. 

Lots of things really. 

There is a wants/needs list in my thread(s).

• Like 1

I was more concerned for lining up in the center console hole. 

My sons center console is the automatic one,,  fit`s perfect ,, no cutting. But it is a longtail Z trans not the Ka type like in my pictures up there.. The original 4speed (in 78) came with just a little casing around shifter not console.

If Datsunaholic would chime in he could probably answer every one of these questions off the top of his head... He loves these things and has had many..

I can't remember seeing any A10 without a full console, though they might have existed.  All the consoles I've seen were the same,  though '78 didn't have the storage box/armrest in the back.  The storage box was an add on anyway, can be put into a '78 console with 3 screws and there are already holes for it, it fits inside the little tray the console has back there.  Automatic and manual consoles are identical, there's a center section that pops out to switch between the 2 transmission types.

Clamshells are different between '78-79 and '80-81, because the wiper switch changed drastically.  '78-79 was a solid, twist-type.  '80-81 had a lever, some with and some without multi-speed delay wipers.  Both bolt on the same way but need the matching turn signal/wiper assembly.

All good stuff from the gurus. 

Did the storage box in the center console ever come with a lid? 

I keep wanting to rest my arm. Nothing there. 

I find myself being that douche that puts his arm around the other seat. 

Now gurus...

Any difference in the doors? Will 4 doors from a 4dr fit the wagon?

I can't imagine those being different. 

3fjm0_zps141186b5.jpg

If somehow that's the case, it would be the only car Datsun sold in the US that didn't have a hole to mount the clutch pedal to. I'll believe it when I see it.  B)

Side note: A10 might be the only Datsun I've never done an auto-to-manual swap on... :rofl:

edit: Side note #2, swap did require drilling a hole in the box on at least two cars (B210, 710).