Another 620

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lower edge of the hood needs to be painted gray to match the grill. There is a trim piece that attaches with 4-5 tiny bolts. Looks like it's there, just needs paint. This is not a criticism! The truck looks great!

BTW the '73 fender badges are my absolute favorite ones!!! Kudos!

Man Mike! U b 1 critical mofo:fu: I totally agree with u tho. I was stunned to see that they painted that trim piece:eek: I will b scuffin it and painting it charcoal to match the grille. As 4 the badges, Datsunfish hooked me up with those "Brand New" 1600 badges. They do look sweet:D

Thanks guys:D There are a few more things to do but I can definitely see the lite @ the end of the tunnel:cool:

your truck looks awesome,what size tires have you got on those stock steels with the hubcaps.

The front tires are 195/75/14 & the rear r 215/70/14. I think the ultimate for the stockers would be 205/60/14 front and 215/60/14 rear. Thats just me. I like that dragster rake look:D

yo man that trucks sweeeet tuned out great when we doin another one let me no just to be critical that looked better when we had the frontiers on there

I Know!:D I need to change rearends with the 79 So's I can fits them on there:fu:

The next proyect is to strip Gumby and start tearing apart the 79 to make the ultimate Ratsun:cool:

• 1 month later...

So after driving my 73 620 for a couple of months I really want to put my Charcoal Frontier rims on. After all I set up the whole truck colr wise to have charcoal rims. Charcoal grille, Charcoal side mirrors, charcoal cab vents.....etc.etc. I could not put them on because they hit the shock mounts in the back even with 3/8" spacers:mad:. So I snagged the rear-end outta my 79 620 (actually RatTailDragger took it out 4 me Thanks Greg) and I'm gonna swap it out. The 79 rear-end is wider and then I can run my Frontiers:D It also has 4.11 as opposed to the 4.88 in my 73 now:D My Question is if I should do anything to the rear-end while I have it out. Like seals and such. It does not look like it is leeking. I will be doing the brakes and the usual cleaning, painting and new gear-oil

dont mess with the seals until they leak

I totally agree:D

Finally got enuff $ to get my front speakers 5-1/4" Kickers I ordered thru Crutchfield. I luve the grilles and the speakers fit in nice. Gotta angle the screws a bit but they go into the stock holes:D Cheap Sony stereo with the ipod connector in the center console and some 6-1/2" Infinitys in the back in some modified 6x9 boxes. Sounds pretty good.

I know I know!! I need a new steering wheel and shift boot:fu: Any idears for the boot?

PaleRiderInteerior001.jpg[/img]

PaleRiderInteerior002.jpg[/img]

PaleRiderInteerior003.jpg[/img]

PaleRiderInteerior004.jpg[/img]

Zip not wanting to move so I just covered him:D

PaleRiderInteerior005.jpg[/img]

I totally agree:D

Finally got enuff $ to get my front speakers 5-1/4" Kickers I ordered thru Crutchfield. I luve the grilles and the speakers fit in nice. Gotta angle the screws a bit but they go into the stock holes:D Cheap Sony stereo with the ipod connector in the center console and some 6-1/2" Infinitys in the back in some modified 6x9 boxes. Sounds pretty good.

I know I know!! I need a new steering wheel and shift boot:fu: Any idears for the boot?

PaleRiderInteerior001.jpg[/img]

PaleRiderInteerior002.jpg[/img]

PaleRiderInteerior003.jpg[/img]

PaleRiderInteerior004.jpg[/img]

Zip not wanting to move so I just covered him:D

PaleRiderInteerior005.jpg[/img]

hahah thats funny pic if you no the zipster

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was finally able to put on my Frontier rims:D Thanks to MacGregor pullin the rear end outts the 79 patrs truck (he got the 5 speed outta the deal) We then swapped the 79 RE 4 the 73's stock RE. Wasnt to tuff. we also swapped the leaf springs as the 79's were much lighter do to less leafs and no huge overload. Now I can run my Frontier rims cuz the 79's RE is aan inch wider so the rims dont rub the shock mounts. I am liking the outcome:cool: Next is some more painting in the interior, engine bay & under hood.

Frontiers007.jpg[/img]

Frontiers008.jpg[/img]

Your truck is looking great! I bet it feels good to get the wheels you built the truck around on it finally!

Minor suggestion - you may want to paint your clutch and brake pedal arms. They are the only thing not shiny on the inside of the truck.

Your truck is looking great! I bet it feels good to get the wheels you built the truck around on it finally!

Minor suggestion - you may want to paint your clutch and brake pedal arms. They are the only thing not shiny on the inside of the truck.

Yeah that & the e-brake rod:D