Another 620

Well after many hours spent cleaning scraping and cleaning I finally got to spray on the Bedliner. I used this stuff called "Raptor" by UPOL. I got it from Napa and it comes with hardener and a spray gun. The cool thing about it is it comes in four seperate 1Litre containers:D It shoots on real nice and I had unuff to do my floorboards too:D I also got my engine bay painted as well.

ProjeKtWhitey005.jpg[/img]

ProjeKtWhitey001.jpg[/img]

ProjeKtWhitey002.jpg[/img]

ProjeKtWhitey004.jpg[/img]

ProjeKtWhitey007.jpg[/img]

:fu:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! That stuff looks nice... how much was it?

It was not cheap:blink: $120 but it is more than enuff to do your bed, floorboards and tailgate. It goes on really smooth too. The key is to prep the surface really good first. You can get it in grey too and have tint added to it for dif. colors. It is really good stuff with UV blockers in it so it wont fade fast.

2eDeYe;71849'']What's the spray gun like? Easy to setup?

The gun is about as basic as u can get. Its just a trigger, straw and nozzle. It screws rite onto the 1 litre bottles.

While the truck is in the shop for bodywork i have been taking care of the little details.

Painted my grille using the "Fusion" plastic paint color charcoal and then gorilla glued my trim rings on (gotta be careful with this shit as it will expand)

ProjeKtWhitey008.jpg[/img]

Nobody will ever see these headlite buckets but they are clean and look sweet:D

ProjeKtWhitey009.jpg[/img]

I always liked this look of the polished radiator:cool:

ProjeKtWhitey010.jpg[/img]

Getting the L20 all prettied up for install.

ProjeKtWhitey011.jpg[/img]

Cleaned up the little brake booster and master cyl. and painted using Rustoleum semi gloss black.

ProjeKtWhitey012.jpg[/img]

Picked up ANOTHER 620 for parts. Shes a rust bucket but the interior is mint and it runs like a champ with a 5 speed!:D I will be taking the crack-free dash, door panels, center console, floor mat, arm rests and seat for my 73:D

ProjeKtWhitey013.jpg[/img]

ProjeKtWhitey014.jpg[/img]

ProjeKtWhitey015.jpg[/img]

:D

that white truck is straight!

looks like good rust prevention. Are you keeping that truck or flipping it? :D

you Datsun truck investor

Yeah Bleach, That is why I decided to put the time and $ into this one. It is a good base for a semi-resto. I plan on keeping this one...............for a while anyways:D

As for parting out the 79 Zuum, I will keep you posted;)

Just swap out the foam part of the dash. No egr counter or holes and the guage assembly is different. Keep it looking like a 73 so I dont have something to pick apart on this one:D

Damn nice of you to volunteer to change the dash out for me Ben:D I'll be looking for you when u get back from the islands:fu:

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for the truck to get out of the body shop. Rat Tail Dragger is Draggin his feet:blink: Thats ok. Gives me time to finish up all the little things. Took the un-cracked dash outta of the 79 parts truck and took the foam cap off and I am going to put it on the 73 dash frame (as per Datsunfish's request) so it looks more authentic. No egr or seatbelt lite.:D

I am cleaning the frame and will paint it.

From experience I have learned its not good to rush your body guy:blink:

Heres some pics of the 73 Dash painted. I found this paint @ HomeDepot and it is a perfect match for the metal part of the 73 Dash. Bronze Semi-Flat Rustoleum. I noticed that the later year 620's have black metal.

ProjeKtWhitey017.jpg[/img]

ProjeKtWhitey018.jpg[/img]

ProjeKtWhitey019.jpg[/img]

ProjeKtWhitey020.jpg[/img]

:D

• 2 weeks later...
What you mean"someone to paint it"? Does Greg stop at the primer or what? I can lay paint like a mofo...

Yeah, Gregger dont want to paint it. I mite have you do it but where would we do it?

I hate it when folks do nice work like this. Makes me want to tear my stuff apart and redo. Gotta focus on just getting it functional first, then do the pretty stuff.

that is why I am currently looking for a new Daily Driver, So I can rip my 620 to teh frame and start from new, truck looks great doug