Another 620

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got the 620 back from Rat Tail Dragger who did a killer job on the body work and now I get to put in the L20 and 5speed and then drive her down to the paint booth for the Stock white color:D Then final assembly and a good lowering:D I still need bucket seats and side mirrors. Fuck Yeah!

Ready4Paint001.jpg[/img]

Ready4Paint002.jpg[/img]

Ready4Paint003.jpg[/img]

Farrrk yeah, this thing looks awsome. How is it that the floor managed to stay in such good shape, where it was sitting looked plenty wet, I would expect it be rotted all over. I like the look of the radiator, kinda like nickel plating. That whole thing looks pretty damb straight and that dash looks brand new. It looks like you don't have a scarcity of 620's, I wish it was like that in Aus. Overall lookin damb fine :thumbup:

Farrrk yeah, this thing looks awsome. How is it that the floor managed to stay in such good shape, where it was sitting looked plenty wet, I would expect it be rotted all over. I like the look of the radiator, kinda like nickel plating. That whole thing looks pretty damb straight and that dash looks brand new. It looks like you don't have a scarcity of 620's, I wish it was like that in Aus. Overall lookin damb fine :thumbup:

Thanks Man.:D I do get a lot of 620's. I thimk they are the coolest looking trucks out there! As for this one, the bed was the str8est I have ever seen!

The thin sidewalls had no ding-outs at all! I cant wait to get it all together and drive it:D

Got my motor and tranny with help from my Nephew Scott. Put motor and tranny in at same time:eek: Easier to hook them up outta car but a bitch to get it to slide in to the truck:blink: We got her in tho and driveline hooked up and now I need to get the E.I. done tomoro and we will fire her up:D Trying to get her runnin and drivin so I can take her in for paint. Oh yeah, Nice polished "1600" valve cover courtesy of DatsunFish:D And no you cant have my carb:fu:

Engine001.jpg[/img]

Engine002.jpg[/img]

Engine003.jpg[/img]

HEY DOUG!!!! Hows the paint coming along?

I drove the truck today!:D She ran great! Got her all timed and bombed down the road and went thru all the gears:D Then I had to stop:eek: I did bleed the brakes and checked them as well (aint that dumb) but they still barely stopped so I have to dig into those when I get it back from Paint. I had to put in an old crapper bench seat I had lyin round:( So, I am still on the hunt for some seats. Pics to come after paint:cool:

• 1 month later...

Finally got my truck back from paint:D Brot her home and cleaned up the frame (overspray) and sprayed it with undercoating. Got my crack-free dash in and my new tach. Still need to finish my int. (carpet or floormat, Kick panels, seats, center console and stereo) I couldn't put on my frontier rims cuz they rubbed the shock mount.:( I will prolly change the rearend with my 79 parts truck rear end. For some reason they work on the 79. Wider I think.

For now just rollin the stockers with the dog-dishes:cool: which is always a cool look. I do think the Frontiers are gonna look killer tho. Here are some pics. I am super happy with the paint job:D

Cratsun011.jpg[/img]

Cratsun018.jpg[/img]

Cratsun020.jpg[/img]

Cratsun021.jpg[/img]

Cratsun022.jpg[/img]

Cratsun023-1.jpg[/img]

HERE ARE MY FRONTIERS ON

Cratsun016.jpg[/img]

HERE ARE SOME CHROME PATHYS

Cratsun014.jpg[/img]

:fu:

The lower edge of the hood needs to be painted gray to match the grill. There is a trim piece that attaches with 4-5 tiny bolts. Looks like it's there, just needs paint. This is not a criticism! The truck looks great!

BTW the '73 fender badges are my absolute favorite ones!!! Kudos!