$$??

mrmark

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well considering the fact that its a bike engine it revs very high and ots straight piped so your options are swap in bike motor and straight pipe it or sink thousands apon thousands of dollars into your a series to make it rev like that then straight pipe it \\

every engine has its own unique sound so if you want that exact sound you need that exact engine

Would be cheaper/easier/possibly quicker accelerating to do a KA swap. But man! what a sound!!

KA24 would be %10 the price and time/labor ...... you'd need to redisign alot of the car and custom one off parts/alot of weight reduction

those Smart car Hayabusa kits are around $50,000-$100,000 by the time they're finished with a chain sprocket LSD diff. and no reverse

This came up years ago. How much power does the bike motor make. At what RPMs. Yeah good luck slipping the clutch for half a block to get going. The larger A series will have monster torque at lower speeds. You will have to cut the weight down to 500-600 pounds and up the gearing..

This came up years ago. How much power does the bike motor make. At what RPMs. Yeah good luck slipping the clutch for half a block to get going. The larger A series will have monster torque at lower speeds. You will have to cut the weight down to 500-600 pounds and up the gearing..

Well…. I'm not trying to run 9's in the quarter so my 2000 lb car with 180 hp will be plenty fast not to mention entertaining as hell when I scream past 13,000 rpm :w00t:

Mike, that bike engine in stock form has MORE TORQUE than a Datsun 210 engine. With rejetting it can pull a car. The transmission is another question.

Thank You! It might be possible to build my A14 to rev to 12,000 rpm but i don't think it would last very long and It wouldn't sound the same. Plus, I can find a complete bike, running for less than $5000. Which would give me the engine/trans, wiring harness, gauge cluster, etc. So it's not a pipe dream or fantasy. It'll be a crap ton of frustrating hard work but the result would be a hellova lot of fun with a soundtrack so fantastic… I may not need a radio!

Dreaming is fun and sometimes it's all that keeps us going when there are no funds. I say we use "Project Datto" for actual under contruction projects and start a new topic "Dream Datto Builds" or something like that so we have a place for real projects and a different place for the imaginary what ifs, someday when i get the money etc. builds. One for what you are doing and one for what you are planning, dreaming, or wondering.

Dreaming?? Absolutely!!!! Shit yeah. Ideas should be kicked around lest you overlook something. New ideas, alternatives. I spent 6 months thinking about power steering in my 620. I researched how a PS system works. I dreamed about it at night. Drew pictures in my spare time. Thought about it in my spare time. Collected the parts. Then started. If someone finds fault with your 'dream' take a look at it. Maybe there is a problem.. if there is, it saved you some trouble. Can it be fixed or worked around? If yes then again better now than later.

and It wouldn't sound the same. Plus, I can find a complete bike, running for less than $5000. Which would give me the engine/trans, wiring harness, gauge cluster, etc. So it's not a pipe dream or fantasy. It'll be a crap ton of frustrating hard work

When I was 18 (9 years ago) ... . right out of high school, I tore my 510 apart with high hopes of making a very loud/fast, and fuel efficient motor swapped 510

with no Datsun Forums to read, I decided not to do a Rotary swap because BryanF's yellow fever 510 looked like too much work for me ... :lol:

Why spend $5k on a running bike?? .... . it only took me $700 on a Yamaha R6 motor to realize it's never going to fit/work/drive for less than $10k, and tons of custom parts, weight reduction, chassis redisigning, custom chain drive LSD, and LOTS of welding .... I didn't even have a welder then, and now that I do, I don't EVER want a bike engine Datsun, and Rusty Ruby would be the best canidate ... a motor out of a "car" will be WAY cheaper/easier/possible ... . you could have two KA24 swapped Datsuns for half the money/time

7885023350_31bd68917b_o.jpg

7885027352_126d608406_o.jpg

You'd be better off building a rear engine "go-cart" that has similar demensions to your Datsun: ... don't start cutting up your Datsun

7885027574_e428dfa62b_o.jpg

7885027802_943813177f_o.jpg

7885022146_65688eccaa_o.jpg

7885023018_1b46a4c574_o.jpg

7885021962_f4961d97b9_o.jpg

7885026140_145d24a8e2_o.jpg

7885026354_826193f157_o.jpg

7885026562_613444a562_o.jpg

7885026960_559d987c30_o.jpg

7885026750_763f5541c3_o.jpg

When I found the510realm and Ratsun in 2007 .... EVERYONE told me it was going to be too much work, and in the end not enough torque

... I did what you're doing,, , and said "FUUU you guys,,, this shit will work,, and I'll make the first ever: all carbon fiber 510

Dreaming?? Absolutely!!!! Shit yeah. Ideas should be kicked around lest you overlook something. New ideas, alternatives. I spent 6 months thinking about power steering in my 620. I researched how a PS system works. I dreamed about it at night. Drew pictures in my spare time. Thought about it in my spare time. Collected the parts. Then started. If someone finds fault with your 'dream' take a look at it. Maybe there is a problem.. if there is, it saved you some trouble. Can it be fixed or worked around? If yes then again better now than later.

This is why we post our ideas on Ratsun,,, so you can get it out of your system, while someone play's the Devil's advocate

if you don't take reasonable advice,, you'll do what I did, and go through 4 different motors, until you end up with a stock motor again in 8 years

• Like 1