mrmark

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you can make it work for less than 5k$

too bad I don't have 5k$

You can buy ALL the parts/mounts needed to do a KA24 swap in a Datsun , and it still takes $3-5k and 6months to 3 years before they drive

you can get a KA24 for alot cheaper than a Hayabusa motor .. if you want to build a bike engine car look at the Locust builder sites, why re-invent a heavier wheel? .. Documented swaps cost alot less ... and Locusts only weigh 1100lbs driveable

http://www.locostusa.com/forums/index.php?sid=0fa3ae9e5fc0cf0c6ebcad64fd5faf66

pessismist.com

How do you even figure it to cost that much?

An engine, trans, some gears and chains- 1000$~

Drawing, engineering, calculating, beer, random bits of metal, burger king, welding supplies- 500$~

I'm not saying you CAN'T spend 10,000$ on it. Just that I can do it for much much less.

Yes, I am totally full of shit. I don't have the resources to do it at this time but a street bike swapped roadster of some sort is in my book.

I lol'd. Can't tell if OP is trolling or actually serious. God, this reminds me of the early 2000's when every 18 year old noob would join the local 240sx forum and ask how much it would cost to RB26 swap their shitty '89 hatch. IMHO if you are asking or speculating: you can't afford it/it won't happen.

IMHO that's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on Ratsun :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDztrw_0N8M

God, this reminds me of the early 2000's when every 18 year old noob would join the local 240sx forum and ask how much it would cost to RB26 swap their shitty '89 hatch. IMHO if you are asking or speculating: you can't afford it/it won't happen.

Change the above to SR20DET and 620

God, this reminds me of the early 2000's when every 18 year old noob would join the local 240sx forum and ask how much it would cost to RB26 swap their shitty '89 hatch. IMHO if you are asking or speculating: you can't afford it/it won't happen.

Same here. "Blah blah was thinking SR20DET swap blah blah blah" Like saying SR20DET will command everyone's attention, respect and awe.

pessismist.com

How do you even figure it to cost that much?

An engine, trans, some gears and chains- 1000$~

Drawing, engineering, calculating, beer, random bits of metal, burger king, welding supplies- 500$~

I'm not saying you CAN'T spend 10,000$ on it. Just that I can do it for much much less.

Yes, I am totally full of shit. I don't have the resources to do it at this time but a street bike swapped roadster of some sort is in my book.

there is a difference between doing it right and doing it so that its held together with duct tape

Nice to see so much support/information. I think putting a motorcycle engine in anything but a motorcycle is a little past my experience/creative ability. My new job has me doing more and more fabrication work and I think in a couple years, this won't be so out of reach but for now, I'll stick with what I know. Working in a Porsche dealership for 12 years put me in a cattleshute frame of mind which I'm glad to be out of.