Sly Tuna's 1978 King Cab 620 Build

Silvester

Welcome to my build thread, fellow Ratsuners!

I've been a forum member for some time now and am on my second 620. My first 620 was a 74' L18 which was sold to a Nissan enthusiast in Utah. Roughly 7 months after selling my 74.' I found my next culprit.

One day while searching craigslist I stumbled across what appeared to be a clean/original/unmolested 78' 620. As soon as I saw the ad I gave the owner a call. The owner proceeded to tell me that he had owned the truck for 20 years and was looking to move onto something a little easier to drive. Only problem areas mentioned were a small rust spot on the bed and an engine clatter that I had unknowingly diagnosed to be a valve clatter (which i later found to be a rod knock).

Within 2 days he had accepted my offer, I located a tow dolly, and made my 600 mile trek to Albuquerque New Mexico. I purchased this truck on June 18th, 2012, just a day before my birthday (happy birthday to me.)

My plan for this build includes:

Mildly built motor

Dual Mikunis

2/3 Drop

Complete restoration.

Purpose: Clean/tasteful and street-able weekend car. Yes, I plan to keep it the original color.

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1573-2.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

photo7.jpg

image3-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good score!

Buff it out..hubcap it..drop it...done :)

That's probably what ill end up doing for now until I build a motor! I have a nice set of hub caps waiting to go on and all the suspension components. I just need a good bottom end!

Dehook that thing and you're good ;)

When i first got into 620's i loved the way a de-hooked 620 looked, but now i cant stand it! The hooks ad a certain type of originality and appeal, IMO.

Thanks, Hainz. The thing needs gears with those 35's.

• Like 2