Sly Tuna's 1978 King Cab 620 Build

Silvester

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well those are OK numbers to me

be nice if the cam had the center lobes to put a wrench on there but I heard Delong was good cams back then\key is getting the right lash pads and getting the retainers.

if this is a new core most times a 160 will be close. if a regrind I find its about 180 190 or a 200 lash pad

Rockauto has the Jap made rockers for sale for 7$ apc. I would get those as thats a great deal they must be clearing them out as most times I see them for 26$ apc or more

Picked up this beautiful Z22e block this weekend off of a 200sx coupe. The motor was pulled in 2 hours with some help. Coolant was top notch and mileage was 200,000 leaving a perfect motor. The crosshatching in cylinder walls was still very visible too. We determined the cause of junking to a worn clutch.

photo10.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update! 

Finally got a chance to remove my motor and tranny. I plan on putting together the Z22 with the closed chamber head and seeing what happens. The car is already smogged and registered which is good! I also managed to paint my wheels and high beams. 

578003_143693435782997_2103687049_n_zps5

IMG_2102psd_zps7c6e10c7.jpg

B honest looks like you got fucked on the jetts missing

you get insolators also between the carb and manifold. GGZilla doesnt run them I notice(I think)

wheels look good

if you didint know already I hate those manifold as its EZer to have the 1 pc ones to put on as when taking or chainging gaskets and stuff it stays all together and you dont have to readjust the linkage.

man thats a straightt truck!

Well I would have low balled him good if I know they were no jets and the manifolds he could have thrown in free. As I have a set of those also and wouldnt charge more than 50 for the split manifolds or give them away.

key is to make sure the threads are not stripped. so maybe swap the jets to ck that out. Unforetunatly you have to ck these out as the pop metal can crack also if overtighten(happen to me)

I have a dual set of itailian solexs and they need work(one is tite and dont fully return) but I dont think I would fell good getting more than 125 for them