Center exit exhaust... ever been done?

I've been milling the idea over in my head the last few hours after seeing an old Chevy Luv.

I need to add a resonator to my exhaust, and I don't have much room because of the bends except at the back so I figured if I had it added post muffler, why not play with it a bit?

The idea was to relocate the license plate and run the exhaust straight out of the back on turn up's in the center, with a dual outlet tip.

Like this:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PSM-95-9905/?rtype=10

Sort of like this lambo:

140026.jpg

12647.jpg

From what I'm working with now:

_DSC0124.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, I'm not worried too much about carboning up my tailgate. I wash my truck often enough it's no biggie.

Only issue is deciding where to put the plate that won't look tacky and will be easily visible. I don't want to give cops a reason to pull me over.

Anyone got pics of Stretches? I can't seem to locate any

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M96rjb_qa6k

^^Like this! Just that tip is.... not pretty.

I like how the guy said "and I don't get watery eyes anymore." That is me right now with my tailpipe cut off behind the muffler. I can't open the back windows because if I do I get smoked out! Eyes burning just going down the road, and sitting at a stop I am coughing. I am going to go center exit with a half oval cut out in the roll pan on my truck in Porsche style using this muffler:

v011149__1.jpg

2009-porsche-cayman-rear.jpg

I will be getting the tailgate re-skinned with a custom plate inset and have the "DATSUN" from my stock rusted out tailgate added in nearer to the top.

39299934130_large.jpg