Sh!ts and Giggles 510

510T

Bubble gum ;)

I haven't figured that out yet.  I think I'll bend up some brackets to attach the top to the dash frame.  I will most likely also anchor it to the tunnel with some moar bracketry and maybe some self-tappers.  I might be able to use some of the leftover rivnuts from the flare job...

I will work on it again soon, I've got to get some material to cover it and order my cup holders.

It looks like 'bracketry' isn't a real word, lolz.

Obligatory oic:

Bayline20143_zps60385aee.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I'll bend up some brackets to attach the top to the dash frame.  I will most likely also anchor it to the tunnel with some moar bracketry and maybe some self-tappers.  I might be able to use some of the leftover rivnuts from the flare job...

I will work on it again soon

Stock style bracketry isn't too tough to make? 

IMAG2778.jpg

• Like 2

Cool, I have never seen that before.  That is more than I had planned.  I was just going to use some little 90* hardware store brackets bent to my needs.  I also plan on a connected ebrake boot and armrest at some point :)

Ace Hardware carries circular magnets with a hole in the top for mounting or whatever. Strongest is 96 lbs strength I believe. Mix n match ? I think that's the route I'm going to go on this concept.

EDIT: can I see a pic of your sub/power situation ..

Sure, here it is in all it's glory.  Just a little Sound Ordinance powered 8":

55FEFBC0-0F3C-4887-9B4C-30457448EBF6_zps

3C1E15AE-917E-4BA5-87BE-D855929FAC75_zps

For power I used an available wire that used to go to the coil or ? from the fusebox.  I pulled the switched 12V from somewhere behind the dash,  I think I used the dome light wire or something, can't remember at the moment...

• Like 1

can i ask what this is out of, i love the stock look of it!!!!!!! where can i find me one o dem....

FWIW:  I think the set I've got, says "'78,79,80" on the underside.  I'd sell mine, but the logistics of one half being in storage in KS, and the other half here in AK, makes things difficult!

One more, the reason I've been working on this (besides being able to see my gauges):

C647DF4B-94C0-4E31-98C8-F3DBAA146279_zps

Front speakers!  I had to get these operational for the 5+ hour fun run tomorrow!  I've only ever had the 6x9's in the back and the 8" powered sub.

What hand brake setup are you using?

The handbrake is from the same Maximas that we get calipers from for the EDP 200sx/Max disc conversion kit.  I think it's the first FWD model...

No console updates, just been working a lot.  I did drive my 510 about 325 miles today for work.  Almost 4000rpm and 85ish MPH the whole way to Chico and back, calculated about 31 mpg's :)

54393E13-2165-4AEC-9E0E-F530CAD35C5F_zps

• Like 1

Autocross yesterday!

It was another great course layout.  Fast, flowing and not really any slow technnical turns.  We had a moderate turnout and were granted 7 runs each, the first 3 of which counted for points.

AugustAutoX_zpse0bc1de3.jpg

I started off a little sketchy as the tires and course were cold.

First run 52.392

Run 2, Still a bit loose, 50.581 +1 cone