510T

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

My hood cable gave up the ghost recently.  I had been watching the cable fray slowly and knew it was going to happen sooner or later.  It decided to let go embarrassingly when the car was at a friend's getting some work done and I wasn't around :(

I had been using a vise grip to get by but with a trackday coming up I figured it was a good time to repair it.  I have seen a few how-to's on here and put quite a bit of (maybe too much) thought into what I wanted.  I didn't want to modify anything too much and figured out how to replace the cable without pulling my grill or intercooler. 

My ingredients were a vintage but new Odyssey Slic Kable and some hardware store cable ferrules.  Everything came out rather well and only caused minor frustration, most of which was from monkeying around upside down in the driver footwell.

New cable installed into latch:

3CD8F5BB-43EF-443F-A52A-C6F2B7182251_zps

New cable wrapped around handle pin and crimped:

C326BA8F-742E-484F-9061-332914F40CCB_zps

And done:

1AF42CDF-C4FB-4F64-9DE4-119325087CCA_zps

• Like 2

having a blast! nice of that hotshoe bimmer to demonstrate how to swap ends  :rofl:

did they close off the Cyclone due to the conditions?

He got a little carried away after passing the FRS methinks ;)  Not sure about the configuration, but it was this organizations first event, so maybe that and the weather.

Not bad your kind of slow though, if I had my truck I would tear that track a new ass hole..lol

Good job and good for that fuckin BMW.

I'd love to be there to witness that beautiful truck singing FJ sounds down the main straight! 

Funny the FRS spun out earlier in the day too. :rofl:

• Like 2

New wheels and tires!  Bart steelies, 15x8 -12 for the front and 15x8 -38 for the back.  I'm waiting on some big 1" spacers for the front to clear the caliper, they will end up spaced 30mm for an effective offset of -42.  The rear wheels will also be spaced 10mm for an effective -48.  Tires are 195/55R15.

ED909E1C-CB2D-4383-835D-8A9B92947118_zps

• Like 3

New wheels and tires!  Bart steelies, 15x8 -12 for the front and 15x8 -38 for the back.  I'm waiting on some big 1" spacers for the front to clear the caliper, they will end up spaced 30mm for an effective offset of -42.  The rear wheels will also be spaced 10mm for an effective -48.  Tires are 195/55R15.

Why the switch? Time for something new, or the 15x9s were causing issues? 

• Like 1

Fixed :thumbup:

Yeah as soon as those Hoosiers fall in my lap they will be on the car ;)

I finally edited one picture!!! ... :lol: .... here's a link to the full size shot: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7504/15876016417_3f47db6cf5_o.jpg

Worth the wait for sure! It looks fantastic I can't wait to see moar :thumbup:

My steering hasn't been touched :blush: .

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to draw this 510. I absolutely love it. Has changed alot since I first saw it, in all the right ways... lol

Thanks for the compliment, I have so many ideas I want to implement but real life keeps bumping them down ;)  Please draw it!  That would be dope, send me a PM we can work out the deets. :D

Good thinking.   ^_^

Successfully pissing off neighbors with some 'street art' :rofl:

• Like 9