510T

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leading up to the Santa Monica trip I had procrastinated to the max.  That Friday I was still getting the car back together after having the front tubbed.  In my laziness induced rush I cross threaded and f*ed some of the headlight mounting threads in the core support.  Due to my I/C arrangement I space the brackets about 1/4" forward.  Had a hell of a time and said screw it  ;).  Drove down with bouncing beams. 

After buying and using an m5x.75 tap to clean up the threads I switched it up and got some m5 bolts and installed them through the other side.  Slipped on some m6 nuts to act as spacers then the headlight bracket.  So much easier!

31709CE9-E5BD-4CB7-918C-EAAD3400EC7A_zps

• Like 2

After buying and using an m5x.75 tap to clean up the threads I switched it up and got some m5 bolts and installed them through the other side.  Slipped on some m6 nuts to act as spacers then the headlight bracket.  So much easier!

That's cool!

Always thought about spacing the whole grill out a bit to make it more flush. This idea could make that idea happen.   B)

• Like 1

I just cruised through every page in your thread, I am thoroughly impressed with with your car. I myself have ZG flares on my 4 door, but have not completed the install 100%. Your build has inspired me to continue building my dime. Luckily, I put my flares a little to low so I can still cut some sheet metal.

IMG_83081.jpg

• Like 7
I just cruised through every page in your thread, I am thoroughly impressed with with your car. I myself have ZG flares on my 4 door, but have not completed the install 100%. Your build has inspired me to continue building my dime. Luckily, I put my flares a little to low so I can still cut some sheet metal.

Thanks CoilOVerKid!  Stay at it!

New plate bracket courtesy of Busta Nut:

P1070125_zps34bde96d.jpg

Signed up for my first trackday at Thunderhill!!!  I am pretty excited, just hoping it doesn't rain on the 20th.

• Like 1