Sh!ts and Giggles 510

510T

thank you sirs, i had no idea they sold wink mounts (have had the mirror for a long time).

reviews seam positive if you skuff up the plastic so before adhering, otherwise the silicone sticks to the windsheild and not the mount. they seem cheap enough to try when i have a dime / windsheild worth of it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How did I miss that battery kill install? 

Yeah... :ninja:  It was such a small thing I never posted about it ;)  The neat part, that I have yet to take advantage of, is that I can easily remove the red handle and install a spare license plate light lens/housing combo over the switch for even moar stealth :D  The trunk mount battery is on the chopping block though, just a matter of money and priority!

Wink mirror support install has proven to be a b-i-t-c-h, however I have figured it out and will post oics this weekend.  The console project is on hold until I find $ to buy some speakers...

• Like 1

Found the time today to finish mounting my wink.  I had a hard time with the glass adhesive and it took 2 tries for each of the supports to hold well.  The best way for me to secure the plastic clips to the window while the glue was drying was to use blue masking tape and just tape them up.  Kind of obvious in hindsight :blush: .

WinkRatsun_zps40727be9.jpg

wink2_zpscc266dec.jpg

wink3_zps9c781f4e.jpg

There is still a noticeable amount of vibration but it has been drastically reduced.  I can now see if a cop is behind me at a light and on the freeway without a hand holding the mirror steady B) .

• Like 2

any close ups of exercise barbie?

No.......sorry........

.....hard to keep the camera still while zoomed in and the lens resting on the dash while mashing the dime..........

I tried though...... :hmm:

• Like 1

No.......sorry........

.....hard to keep the camera still while zoomed in and the lens resting on the dash while mashing the dime..........

I tried though...... :hmm:

Ahh is that what you younger guys are calling touching your wieners now?  Good to know, as i like keeping up with the young peoples trends and such.

• Like 5

Autocross vid time!  It was an interesting track layout, essentially 3 laps per run.  My first time out proved to be my best and I believe good enough for a 3rd in class result.  I'm looking forward to the results being published as I think there is a chance I could move into 3rd in class for the season.  Time will tell...

One cone on the first run:

I missed a slalom cone on the first lap and bailed on the run after the second lap for a DNF:

• 3 weeks later...