Need Help... new to the scene

Dat-girl

I have a 1972 521. The truck did not come with stock wheels and what I have on it is junk wagon spoke wheels. It has 3in lowering blocks in the rear and i am needing to find a wheel other than stock that has the correct backspacing that will not hit the shock bracket. I tried some chrome 14in nissan hardbody wheels today and they rubbed the bracket.

48805345004148734901198.jpg

48805345004148734901198.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Truck looks awesome! Glad to see more girls join the site...

Are you looking to run a legit rim or are you looking to run hubcaps? You could always pick up the appropriately sized Aero/Diamond racing steelie and slap some dog dish caps on there; that's would look awesome. Or depending on what size you're currently running, just replace those S110 caps for dog dishes, run a slightly lower profile tire with a little stretch, and call it a day.

I found out that they are 200sx caps that are on the truck. It is still 6 lug. I have not decided as to if I am going do hub caps or just want wheels. I put a set of chrome wheels and wide whites on it yesterday but they rubbed. Sorry, I am new to this and am not sure how to post pics and such. Please forgive me. I have plans on changing the interior and doing a custom paint job on the truck but the base is going to be the factory green. It has had power brales put on it and a newer 5 speed placed in it.

Those don't look like junk. They might be stock wheels with cool hubcaps.

Stock 521 wheel are 14 x 4 six-luggers.

They are not stock wheels. The wheels are too wide. I plan on running a 185/60/14

But I can't find any stock wheels near me. Does anyone know if a late 70's stock chevy luv wheel will fit?

How bad are they rubbing. I think you can put a 1/4" spacer in without having to change studs.

The lug pattern is the same for nearly all of the 6 lug trucks. The rims on the dodge ram D50(small truck) should fit. I ran them on my NL320 and I'm pretty sure I had them on my wife's 521 for awhile. I'd guess the LUV pattern is the same too. 6 on 5.5"

This page has a nice list under 6 lug.

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/Wheel_bolt_pattern

How bad are they rubbing. I think you can put a 1/4" spacer in without having to change studs.

The lug pattern is the same for nearly all of the 6 lug trucks. The rims on the dodge ram D50(small truck) should fit. I ran them on my NL320 and I'm pretty sure I had them on my wife's 521 for awhile. I'd guess the LUV pattern is the same too. 6 on 5.5"

This page has a nice list under 6 lug.

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/Wheel_bolt_pattern

The luv bolt pattern is the same I am wondering about back spacing... the wheels that are on it now rub the fenders. I know with smaller tires they would work but I want a different wheel because I don't want to stay with these hubcaps and the wheels are way to rusted to run them without. I really hate to sound picky but I am going to do this truck right. It is going to have a complete custom paint job, I am doing a roll pan on the back with 32 ford tailights, redoing all interior. I would like to find my wheels and tired first that way I can finish the truck around that.

Stock 521 wheel are too narrow for 185 tires. 5 to 6.5 is the size recommended by the tire manufacturers. You can put 185s on wider wheels (called stretching) but it voids the tire warranty.

We use them on tires of that width all the time esp with our VW's. I am used to balloning tires as well. I am not worried with a tire warrenty. Buddy owns his own shop and I don't give but about 50 each for them new.

nice truck and nice rack too welcome to Ratsun

use photo bucket to post pics copy image and past walla your done

if you have a smart phone set it up to send pics from your phone to photobucket with one button