Need Help... new to the scene

Dat-girl

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. The truck is really in awesome shapr. I have a little rust in the bed and a little in the tailgate. I'm in love with it already. It is my first datsun.

You always remember your first one. Mine was a '71. I thought it was love but it was really lust and lasted only about 8 years. I saw a younger 620 one day and about 7 years after we separated I got one. I've had it for at least 17 years.

My 521 was a survivor of Ontario winters. During our time together she was my most constant best friend.

My ubolts are close now but I ordered four inch blocks yesterday so I can get them on and then lower the front more. I gave 70.00 each for my 195/50/15. I found them online for 55 but u still have to pay someone to mount and balance. It rides really well.

Datgirl I think you should come up to washngton to visit me.

Color of the truck and wheels?

make sure to to a spacer under the carrier bearing so you dont prematurely wear them out. Can be just a square tube steel or soemething. Im sure your car friends will know what to do. so the angle of the driveshaft to not to far off.Can cause noise and vaibration issues.

The truck is going to be the factory green for that year. It is what the truck was originaly. It is going to have a kustom paint flair to it as well. I am also going to do some logos on the door for my vintage hobby and it will have to have ol school pinstriping on it as well. I am going to leave the wheels red as I am going to work with red on the interior. My birthday is Sunday and I got a rollpan and lowering blocks for the truck as a gift. Excited to get them put on.

What do these 15x8 chevy rally wheels come off of? I want to start looking, but want a direction to go.

Thanks

haubstr

They come off late 70's to mid 80's just search chevy rally wheels. They are getting harder to find at a reasonable deal now that scrap prices are up. Good luck

• 1 month later...

It has been awhile since last update but I dropped the truck off yesterday to have some things shaved off of the truck,have the roll pan put on, have body work completed, and get it under one solid color of primer. Excited to get it out and continue working on it. When it comes back I will be getting the interior done in it as well.

they look good. but if you're going to primer it why not wait to paint the letters after it's got the final paint?

Truthfully this pic was taken over a month ago. I have just been slammed with carshows lately. But my husband does that for a living so that takes 10 min for him to do.

They're so good I didn't even see them and was looking at the rear window.

Ahh thanks. Story behind back window... it was my husbands mini truck club through the 80's and 90's. They are in all kinds of the old mini truckin mags. So this year is the 25th anniv. And we are bringing the club back.

How much for the roof rack shipped to 92880.I want that roof rack you don't need it.it does not look good on your truck but it will look good on my truck though.let me know how much.

Sorry... that roof rack is going nowhere. It may look good on your truck but I think it is just fine sitting on my garage floor right now :)