Need Help... new to the scene

Dat-girl

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a huge hit......but the reality is no one would pony up the money when the rubber meets the road. Just the cab rack would probably be in the $500 to 750 range for it to be worth their while to make. It's either going to be very labor intensive for them to hand make each one....or it going to be a ton of money for them to do whatever minimum order it would take to have them made by someone else. Sorry.....but that's the reality of it.

Great rig Dat-girl :)

I k ow someone who currently makes roof racks like this and it's a little over $400 for a sedan sized rack. I bet it would be a bit cheaper for only a truck cab sized one. if people are really interested I could call him and see what he thinks.

He doesn't have a 52x so he would need someone local to him to take some measurents.

Datgurl you really should keep this updated regularly. It's a sweet truck and Im sure it's going to turn out awesome.

I already have 39 ford taillights placed in it.

Why there so small,but its your truck.I guess what ever blows up your skirt .I still want the roof rack.

Because...I live and breathe old cars everyday... I love the look. If I wanted big... I factory have kept the factory. I am planning on a third brake light as well. And I am sure you and many others would love to have it but it was one of the main reasons I bought the truck. :)

It would be a huge hit......but the reality is no one would pony up the money when the rubber meets the road. Just the cab rack would probably be in the $500 to 750 range for it to be worth their while to make. It's either going to be very labor intensive for them to hand make each one....or it going to be a ton of money for them to do whatever minimum order it would take to have them made by someone else. Sorry.....but that's the reality of it.

Great rig Dat-girl :)

Thanks. And you are right...people would not pay. My roof rack is very heavy for what it is. I was amazed when we took it off the truck so even if they would pay the price of the rack.... noone would want to pay the shipping.

Well then how about finding out on making some,i bet you will have buyers and you guys can make some money.

Even if I had the skills to make them I would not have the time with doing over 35 national car shows a year... sucks but true

• 2 weeks later...

ok,so you have 35 national car shows you can make it on the other 330 days you have. :thumbup:

we are only home 3 days a week... not enought time to take care of home things and then get back on the road. Car shows are how we make our living. I love it but it does not leave much extra time. We have to set up on thursdays and come home on sunday

• 1 month later...