Monster Garage Datsun B210 Drift Car

I don't know how many of you guys have watched this show especially this episode. A clean B210 getting a VQ engine swap sounds like a headache but it can be done. Who knows that crazy Datto nut Mario? Is he a member of Ratsun?

Couldn't find it in English even though it's an American show lol, but you can kinda make out what there saying.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah me and my sons used to watch that show,, corny but fun to watch.. I think the rear end they ended up using for that car was a welded up truck rear end and it seemed to fit inside fenders....It`s hard to find clips from almost all those old Discovery channel shows ,,, they must be really strict about the copy rights crap..

Found this on another site:

They show a quick scene of Mario Lozano's 510 smokin' donuts in the middle of a street.

Heres some of the stuff they do to the nice old Honey Bee

- cut front springs

- Datsun 720 rear end

- really really bad paintjob

After the show, they sold the Honey Bee at auction for $6600 USD. That included the 350Z engine.

106900.jpg

I sort of used to drift. As a teenager with my first truck, I lived on dirt roads, and loved sliding around on wet clay, or iron ore pebbles. It was big fun until I met an electric company boom truck mid curve.

• 3 months later...

I've worked with West Coast Choppers on some projects, and you guys might be pleased to know that they have a fully restored Honey Bee in factory condition in their collection.

Is that collection ever available to the public to see? Good to know those chopping wacking frankestein fabricators have some good taste in back of their minds to appreciate a nice B210 Honey Bee and keep it within their collection.

I love drifting! Except not in the stupid j-kid wannabe ricer style. I drift the corners in the rain all the time. And definitely drift on the dirt! As far as real drifting goes? Have to have deep pockets to afford all that banging around on the drivetrain and big hp to actually let loose on the pavement. Most "drifters" don't have enough hp, enough skill, or enough motivation to actually do "professional" drifting. Car control is car control, but these "competitions"? Please. Racing is timed, drifting is not. Nuff said.

• Like 1

It still hasn't caught on. The vast majority of us have never drifted our cars nor even seen a drift race. We could take a poll to find out.

I watched one on TV once . Does that count? I couldnt figure it out. I thought it would be like sprint cars,(they kick ass IMO) but it didnt look like they were racing. Are they judged on style? I must be missing something.

• 1 month later...