Doty (Deal of the year)

skyblue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is where the temp lives now. Couldn't be happier. 

9990A3B7-F15D-40B4-B0AC-D8A4D6A84DB6_zps

also, just for my records i changed the oil the other day. 

Odometer around 6,000 miles

There's also a ratlting/knocking noise coming from the engine. At first i thought it was the chain slapping from stretch, but the noise sounds like its coming from the middle to rear of engine. Checked oil pressure and its right where it should be. Borrowed Busta nuts stethoscope to try to find the source but we couldn't pin point where the noise is coming from. needless to say im gonna baby it or now.

the engine is 3 years old, but while talking to busta last night he pointed out that i drive it  a lot and hard. Between DD status, track days, autocross and long trips to canby the engine probably has close to 60k miles. So i am at a cross roads. do I try to patch this engine up, or build a fresh 2.2L with dual weber 45's?

also, my diff is noisy AF too as well as the tranny.  :crying:  poor girl needs an overhaul.

• Like 2

this is where the temp lives now. Couldn't be happier.

9990A3B7-F15D-40B4-B0AC-D8A4D6A84DB6_zps

also, just for my records i changed the oil the other day.

Odometer around 6,000 miles

There's also a ratlting/knocking noise coming from the engine. At first i thought it was the chain slapping from stretch, but the noise sounds like its coming from the middle to rear of engine. Checked oil pressure and its right where it should be. Borrowed Busta nuts stethoscope to try to find the source but we couldn't pin point where the noise is coming from. needless to say im gonna baby it or now.

the engine is 3 years old, but while talking to busta last night he pointed out that i drive it a lot and hard. Between DD status, track days, autocross and long trips to canby the engine probably has close to 60k miles. So i am at a cross roads. do I try to patch this engine up, or build a fresh 2.2L with dual weber 45's?

also, my diff is noisy AF too as well as the tranny. :crying: poor girl needs an overhaul.

Hey now that's where I want my temp to be. Maybe I'll get one of the rads for the blue 510 all apart in the garage.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Moroso? Whats the rest of the plumbing like? 

Yea moroso. the rest is the following.

I bought these 2 PCV elbows at atuozone. the big rubber one is for a ford and fits perfectly over the breather pipe out the side of the L16 block. the smaller plastic one is for a  GM and is what is hooked up to the catch can side.

164F05A4-ECB4-4E8D-9D9F-8615469552ED_zps

The smaller end of the ford elbow is 5/8" and so i used this coupler.

41vRcyf6a4L.jpg

Then got about a foot and a half of PCV hose to connect the catch can elbow to the coupler and voila! sorry i didn't take better pics so i hope this all makes sense.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

so i'm giving DOTY a break. She's getting pretty beat up out there.

This happened on my way home on 880. It's the 3rd chip in the last year and a half.

9CE37097-DFD0-4D6F-8B7B-AD02974C5481_zps

I parked it at my dads and grabbed the truck. After a week there my dad called me and told me one of the tires is flat.

EEDDA754-1494-4DC2-8FD5-5DAE33C75DB8_zps

Turns out I ran over a screw from driving her to a construction site for work

C3F913FD-D1BC-4230-94CD-88C6A87E242D_zps

so i threw the spare on and took the wheel to get patched.

216A68FB-8C8F-4A37-8095-75D9AB66BBE0_zps

So that's where I'm at. DDing a 510 isn't all its cracked up to be.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Just finished reading through this entire thread. Nice work man!!! I love your attention to details that really pull the car together as a whole. A sweet little ride that I'm sure I'll look to as inspiration for my green 4dr! I'm here in the east bay as well and I know the streets can be rough! Hope to see this thing in person one day.

• Like 2