while were at it ...lets

find out what the fuck is wrong ratsun....pages taking for ever to load....pic links red x ing..... i havent seen the ratsun header with fischs art work in like 3 months....its just a plain old v bulletin pattern...well when i post it takes like ten minutes to post it if at all, leading to double and triple posts...heres the geeky part, on my phone i have nex to no issues but on a lap top or desk top and i get a all blue forum that says ratsun .net in plain script across the top...and works like crap...when i try and post the cursor will randomly jump to another place in the text making my already hard to read text to next to impossible...so is anyone else having any issues....i saw where pms were having probelms for pm's..i hvaent had a pm problem...but then again i dont pm much....

so here it is ...is it just me and my firewall or are moer people experiencing problems....this iuse to be my favorite forum cause it always was up and worked flawlessly but in he last 6 monthes my experience on ratsun has been difficult on the admin side...

i was on a jet boat forum that started experiencing similar issues before the forum server crashed and whipped out all the info... it wasnot a v bulletin site though

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had PM issues, problems trying to follow threads (it lets me do it, but as soon as I leave the page it cancels my request), I get email notifications (for the the threads Im following) in triplicate sometimes, and sometimes when I click on the star to take me to the first unread post it locks me there. I get to see the first unread post, but if I try to scroll anywhere else on the page, it just right back to that first post I hadnt seen.

I dont see any issues. They host through DreamHost.com and they kind of suck. The worst host is godaddy.com , they host so many sites that their servers and pipe frequently get clogged up. If you are experiencing red x's then you are most likely dropping packets or the connection is timing out. My guess is that you have a crappy connection or you have a ton of spyware/malware on your computer.

Ive had PM issues, problems trying to follow threads (it lets me do it, but as soon as I leave the page it cancels my request), I get email notifications (for the the threads Im following) in triplicate sometimes, and sometimes when I click on the star to take me to the first unread post it locks me there. I get to see the first unread post, but if I try to scroll anywhere else on the page, it just right back to that first post I hadnt seen.

I get this issue as well. Not sure how they setup the mail settings on the IPBoard panel. My guess would be that they are having some kind of mail issue since they are using google mail it doesnt surprise me.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I have problems with way too many useless threads loading..

isnt that what Insomniacs is for?

And I am not saying this is one of them, I do have issues with pm's once in a while

• Like 2

fire fox also ... was ie for a long time but they suck ....haven't de-spywared my comp in a while let me update em and see if that helps...as for my malware... i gave it all back to tristan as he loves anything mall related...

Only problem I seem to have is with new content. I had set my default to load up only the content I participate in and I couldn't get it to display all new content past the first page. It finally sorted itself out but was a real PITA. had the same problems with Chrome too.

I'm using Nightly, it's the FireFox 64bit version, with Nightly builds, duh. Windows 7

The new IE is pretty bad ass.

I am a webdeveloper and if you ever want most sites to work properly use the latest IE, the majority of the browsers that hit sites are IE. If any developer codes something new it is always compatible with IE first, then Firefox, chrome, Mac.

The new IE is pretty bad ass.

I am a webdeveloper and if you ever want most sites to work properly use the latest IE, the majority of the browsers that hit sites are IE. If any developer codes something new it is always compatible with IE first, then Firefox, chrome, Mac.

Lol Ive never had issues with sites not working properly on any of my non-Windows or IE machines. Ive only ever had issues with the IE browsers while Ive been in the Navy. Only site related issues for my Mac and Chrome (at one time Firefox) were the security certs needed for some Navy sites. Other than that, I love both.

That is really funny, because every developer I know, IE is the bane of their existence. They can write 1 code for FF/Chrome/Opera/Safari but then have to add all of this extra crap for IE.

I will never touch IE, except to download a new browser.

I have never had a problem with displaying a site in FF or Chrome. I have had many issues with IE. I use FF only because it feels the most raw, I hate the polished feeling of the other browsers.

I really doubt any problems here are browser specific... More likely firewalls are in the way, or it is your isp. Make sure you arent on mobile site too.

At the end of the day, All browsers work just fine on my computer (FF, Chrome, Opera, Safari, and IE), all are latest versions.

caray2B2822B2agent2Bfeo.jpg

dude how did u load your senior pic onto a computer.... did u scan your annual......better be carefull or i willstart a banananhamuck transported my parts for a trade and obsconded with them thread.... it will be titled ...oh no he didnt...

I always have problems with firefox, chrome etc.... I have yet to have problems with IE

u know now that u mention i guess i never had content issues with ie mqybe i will try that for a while...i like firefox but now that this has come up i guess all my issues started when i switched....laecon i agree one of th reasons i switched when it was showed to me its minimalistic feel and ease of use...

When I was running IE, all I could see is a bland banner after the change, I went to chrome and now have the Ratsun banner.

Ratsun has its slow days, and today is one of them.

PM notifacations are at best inconsistant, I have waited 24 hrs. in the past to be notified, and a few never made it.