LAZARUS the sedan - Part 280ZX, Part 620, Part Silverado, Part Integra, ALL Lazzie!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo did you fit everything up yet?

Ya I'm curious to see how its going to work. Not just the rear door area but actually running zg's I have to say it doesnt look like those wheels as is will clear. Even the wide ZG's would be damn close if at all. 

For flares maybe run ones like on the red 510 safari car?

I thought the 4 door Safari dime didnt have rear flares? 

Well the issue, as Tristen mentioned, is to make rear flares functional on a 4 door what are your cutting out? the door? Looking at the side pics posted it looks like maybe trimming just the top edge is doable along with mounting the zg to the very edge so long as there is minimal travel. 

Again though as mentioned it seems counter productive to build a car around wheels rather then just buying wheels that fit properly. 

The thing with the rear flares is there are two layers of metal at the fender, you have to go through the door, and then the wheel well. Its not an easy task. I wish Juns thread was still up as you can see how much work he did just to "massage" the area a little to be as low as he is with his wagon. It was quite a task. 

Im no where saying it cant be done, and Im not "hating" at all... I just want you to fully be aware of the project youre about to take on. This will not be easy and wont be a single day job. Lots of cutting, hammering, welding, massaging, cutting, hammering, welding, and so forth. Theres a lot going on right there and its very structural. You will notice that 4drs and wagons dont have huge rolled and pulled fenders because as soon as you do, that area buckles and creases since its all tied together. The 2dr. is just simple sheet metal so you can go crazy and roll and pull to your hearts content. 

It just seems crazy to me that youre going through all this work for that set of wheels. Maybe if they were something other than Centerlines I could see the effort worth it. 

Just take your time and dont fuck up. 

I forgot jun worked on his rear arches, I know Indy and wagon Jon attempted this, there were also some threads on the realm where a 4 door had flares and the rear flares were cut to utilize the function of the rear door, although don't remember what became of the rear lip.

S20, have you started working on this part yet?

Even ZG flairs you can only lower so much. as the farhter the wheel goes up the less space you have.

Only way is BOX flairs than you can hack all the metel under neath. Unfortunatuly this is a 4door so the back your rip out the seams.

I know it looks like a hater but I am just trying to save a car. But really I have givin up years on what people should do.

Stock body 510s are the best. I hve have a box flaired car but stock is Perfect lines.

i still think the hubcaps are the shit. I think im going to pull my Rota Rbs off and run the stock wheels for awhile and still get thumbs up from everyone.

So I like to see the progress on this project.

Troy Ermish can save this propject

I forgot jun worked on his rear arches, I know Indy and wagon Jon attempted this, there were also some threads on the realm where a 4 door had flares and the rear flares were cut to utilize the function of the rear door, although don't remember what became of the rear lip.

S20, have you started working on this part yet?

Karnutz I believe had a 4dr. that he was making molding in bubble flares in the rear while maintaining a functional rear door. Im pretty sure that was him... he was parting it out with photos on the Realm. 

• Like 1

I knew i should have logged on sooner... now i have too much to reply to without killing my small time window... 

So... the skinny... I had my friend come over who does bodywork professionally to talk about the chop/pull/roll/etc... we mulled it over for a good thirty minutes or so... then looked at some pictures of cars that he has done...and then talked some more.. i really like the wheels... and i WILL use them... BUT... not on this car... some of you know i have a 2dr 72 sedan as well.... and thats the one that will be retrofitted to run these monstrosities... till then, i SHOULD have a not as fat version of the centerlines on lock... The guy is supposed to be driving them over today, and we will bolt them up... if they clear everything, like they are supposed to, then $300 will be exchanged.

They have the same inside design... Centerlines too... I like that. I plan on bronzing the middle, and polishing the lip.

The reason for my desicion is functionality mainly. I retrofitted this car with a class3 hitch asembly, and need it to be able to tow stuff... Ill be making a datsun truckbed trailer out of Konig209's wrecked 620 shortly... and i think thats where ill start... but ultimately... that is why this has a L20b with a truck trans, and the brakes in the first place... i need to find solid ass springs, and some wheels that fit, and grip, and are functional... 

My second 510 will have the SR20DET, and the monster wheels... Im not letting them go. lol.... pics to come... (once i have time) but in the meantime, i GOT THE CAR RUNNING! matchbox dizzy, and two good friends, Thanks to Konig, and Blackmarkit..

Konig209 has a wrecked 620?

Alright Mark... you win :sneaky: . LOL!!! 

:frantics: CORRECTION EVERYONE!! KONIG HAS A WRECKED 521, NOT A 620! I AM A LIAR, DATSUN DUMMY, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY,  :geek: I don't proofread. 

hahahaha... Damn troll. :blush:

I think you're the only person to hate the added .75in offset difference.

If i said i hated it, that wasnt what i meant. I HATE finding wheels that will fit it... in todays FWD offset market... that finds itself to be difficult

After a few pages, progress will move pas the wheels! Yay!

Agreed... DAMN. lol

Thank God you changed your mind. Fitting and flaring the 2dr. will be way easier. Cant wait for updates on both cars. More pictures!!

The 2dr will definetly be easier.. thats why i went with it... ive even entertained the idea of having a set of staggered wheels in the future using two of the centerlines from the set im SUPPOSED TO get, and two of the wide wheels... but we will see what happens. Time can always change things.In the meantime, i just gotta keep hustling and making the scratch to afford playing with these antiques..

The thing with the rear flares is there are two layers of metal at the fender, you have to go through the door, and then the wheel well. Its not an easy task. I wish Juns thread was still up as you can see how much work he did just to "massage" the area a little to be as low as he is with his wagon. It was quite a task. 

Im no where saying it cant be done, and Im not "hating" at all... I just want you to fully be aware of the project youre about to take on. This will not be easy and wont be a single day job. Lots of cutting, hammering, welding, massaging, cutting, hammering, welding, and so forth. Theres a lot going on right there and its very structural. You will notice that 4drs and wagons dont have huge rolled and pulled fenders because as soon as you do, that area buckles and creases since its all tied together. The 2dr. is just simple sheet metal so you can go crazy and roll and pull to your hearts content. 

It just seems crazy to me that youre going through all this work for that set of wheels. Maybe if they were something other than Centerlines I could see the effort worth it. 

Just take your time and dont fuck up. 

Even ZG flairs you can only lower so much. as the farhter the wheel goes up the less space you have.

Only way is BOX flairs than you can hack all the metel under neath. Unfortunatuly this is a 4door so the back your rip out the seams.

I know it looks like a hater but I am just trying to save a car. But really I have givin up years on what people should do.

Stock body 510s are the best. I hve have a box flaired car but stock is Perfect lines.

i still think the hubcaps are the shit. I think im going to pull my Rota Rbs off and run the stock wheels for awhile and still get thumbs up from everyone.

So I like to see the progress on this project.

Troy Ermish can save this propject

You and I can agree on SOMETHING, some good old fashioned ratrod steelies would look amazing on this car... red+hubcaps+whitewalls = awesome

but, as is normal with your responses, you wiggle in an insult right after your done greasing me up... Troy Ermish doesn't have to save this project, Ive already done that. It's because of me that Lazarus wasnt hauled off to a wrecker, or used as a hillbilly archery target off in the middle of the woods. ---- to each his own brotha.. ---- I can clearly see that you have an opinion, but that in no way degrades my choices over my own car... When my car is finished (which it will be) it will be done in such a way that i can use it like i choose, and I will probably drive it untill it is no longer reasonable for me, or it was taken from me by forces that i dont have a control over. Im not building it to tailor to someone elses tastes. I dont care if you or anybody else likes it... mind you, its nice if you do... but its not necessary. so, respectfully, ill ask you to keep this as an insult free zone.

andy

Just purchased a NEW (to me) set of centerlines for the 4dr. these guys are a zero offset also, but not as wide... Two came with tires, and two didnt (good opportunity to get some super small rubbers, and stretch them. anyway... i test fitted the wheels today, and the car does great! ill need some stiffer springs in the rear, and two new tires for the two lacking them... but aside from that... the car can be towed to Blackmarkit's place, and return a SOLID daily driver!! ill post the pics below... Super happy for the progress... also, before you all ask, i placed one centerline on the front, and one on the other side in the rear to get a picture of what it would look like fully fitted on both... I rolled the fenders today, and did some garage cleaning... all is well, here... heres the pics!
100_1157_zps60b958bd.jpg

100_1156_zps133c96b2.jpg

100_1155_zpsc50b9dcd.jpg

100_1154_zpsfb72bc07.jpg

100_1153_zps80db8e27.jpg

100_1152_zpsaec61354.jpg

This is my final draft... Ill be keeping these wheels without a shadow of a doubt. i love the offset, and i love the functionality... I also will love to have two 510's with matching wheels... The 2dr will be pulled, and stretched to fit the uber wide ones.... anyway... till next time i log on! happy trolling! hahaha

Much much much (get it?) much better. Make sure you have some stiff springs and shocks in the rear. Since those look like those wont tuck, you need to make sure the fender doesn't hit tire on bumps.

Can't wait to see all rims mounted.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

rims mounted, and installed.. im in the process of sourcing the right size and weight springs for the rear... 

544743_376501305800009_619612091_n_zps90

^^^ custom short tube header bent up (via blackmarkit) and installed... GORGEOUS!

I just got word that when the engine fired up for the first time WITH exhaust, there is some questionable sounds coming from the bottom end... NOT GOOD NEWS. D: 

I will investigate tonight... Im not super thrilled, but what must be done, MUST be done. I dont want to go through ANOTHER bottem end rebuild. Ive got too many broken cars as is.

Im in a seriously abusive relationship with this car... Old Lazzie keeps kicking my ass, and its only because shes beautiful as hell, i keep coming back for more.

In the process of driving it home, she left me on the side of the freeway (felt as though the motor just lost power, instantly)... i had to push her off and into downtown Modesto before i could check her out for obvious issues... i found nothing... she started up, sputtered and spat... and i took the through town method of limping her ass home.. Im not God... try as i may, i seem to be unable to ressurect the dead. Small success, decent size failures. Im broke, and stressed.

i found nothing... she started up, sputtered and spat... and i took the through town method of limping her ass home..

anytime soemthing like this happens to me i ck the ignition wires for tightness, dist bolt loose, coil hot and see if gas is squirting in the carb with the accel pump. look at fuek filter. intake to the fuel pump hose(cracked, sucking in air. have oil pressure?

get home ck lash pads. spark plug wires new?

ask if anything was change before this .

its a L motor cant be that hard.