LAZARUS the sedan - Part 280ZX, Part 620, Part Silverado, Part Integra, ALL Lazzie!

thats what i was checking over on the side of the road... nothing seemed out of place (but i didnt have tools) i did what i could... I just grumbled the rest of the few minutes home. im ready to go beat the snot out of my wheels wells in a few minutes, and go get a donut.. i have no idea why, but ive been craving one since i saw a picture pop up in my fb news feed... now thats all i can think about.

anyway... side note... frustrated, and tired of the rubbing, i stopped by konigs house on my drive home, and after some MORE wheel well pounding, and an angry brakestand, we got some good shots with some other ratsun guys who just so happened to be there.

Photo0678_zps0d725543.jpg

Photo0679_zps23a7ef49.jpg

Old Lazzie lays decent rubber.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just did a little photo session with Justin () while i was out in Fairfield for the weekend... it was fun... even went to an industrial area, and spun the tires a bit (cough cough.. lol) Old Lazzie has her flaws, but things are slowly looking more and more optimistic. :D (Photos below) 100_1234_zps63dd9ffc.jpg100_1256_zps858ff3ee.jpg100_1246_zpsd2cbae57.jpg100_1245_zps5bc9eb24.jpg100_1244_zpsb7c512e6.jpg100_1243_zpsad73c6ea.jpg100_1242_zpsad9e868c.jpg100_1241_zps1c0e95b8.jpg100_1240_zps2ce0b0c3.jpg100_1239_zps7d0e8d49.jpg100_1238_zpsd80d75d9.jpg100_1237_zps3afad4ca.jpg100_1235_zps4f657445.jpg100_1231_zpse21a56f2.jpg
printscreen2_zps3589f855.jpg

freezeframe1_zpsb45bcf22.jpg

100_1258_zpse4073cda.jpg
Datsum Livin! :D

Those ubr wide wheels are nice, but I'd sell em' and buy some that will fit your other car properly. The car I drive everyday is the victim of some previous owner ruining the rear quarter panels to fit some custom wide ass wheels on it. Now I have the joy of fabricating the entire fender flair portion of the rear quarters.

Just my honest opinion, but it's your car.

I love the build though. Nice work :)

• Like 1

meh, i know anything can happen, and i know that sometimes life finds ways to steer you in diffrent directions than you planned... but i "plan" on keeping this car as my daily driver for many years. I'ts been a tedious process just to get it to this point, but i have so much of "me" invested into it, that i would sell all of my other cars before i thought of pawning it off.. (I've got quite a few)

My goal is to make a reliable DD with capabilities to haul (why there is a class 3 hitch) medium sized trailers, and still fit a car load of people. I considered scouting out a wagon when i first came up with the idea of using a tiny impractical 510, but when i found out that they didnt have IRS, i scrapped that thought. If i got a 510, it would need to be a REAL 510... and 510's are known for their racing lineage, and pioneering the IRS, so that was a must have... I settled on a four door.

Since acquiring the car, i have swapped the motor/trans for the L20b complete setup (620 drivetrain), changed the brakes to 280ZX (large vented rotors, and calipers), and sucessfully installed the widest wheels possible without cutting material out of the wheel wells. That gives me truck power, heavy duty sports car brakes, and traction of a midsize car. The last thing id like to change is the diff. installing a stronger one will greatly increase my capability. I just purchased MSD wires, and adjustable coilovers to make my rear suspension (http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30153-my-home-built-rear-coilovers/), <- with that, i should have a solid ride in the rear, PERFECT for towing. I've got trailers, and access to trailers, and if i cant have a truck that seats 5, damn it, ill have a badass capable car that does... and still can be used like a truck. eventually, ill do the fronts too(http://community.ratsun.net/topic/28283-280zx-adjustable-height-coilover-conversion/?p=419354&hl=+rear%20+coilovers&fromsearch=1&do=findComment&comment=419354), but they are not as important right now.

Priorities, and finances... always in a constant balancing act.

SOOOooooo...... I know plans have a habit of changing all the time... I put on my big boy pants, and bought a full size truck... I will no longer be needing this to do much more than haul an occasional small trailer... and therefore do not need old Lazzie to perform truck duties... subsequently, by acquiring ANOTHER personal vehicle, i will need to be relinquishing a vehicle... I have decided to post up for sale my OTHER 510, that has been sitting in the garage. I have given first dibbs to a fellow ratsun member long ago, but if Konig fails to follow through (not likely) then i will be posting it for sale here, facebook, and cl... also... as a change of plans... it turns out old Lazzie will be recieving the SR20DET from the drift car after a rebuild. WHOO!! now my 4dr will be the "project" and not the "daily"... i have a truck for that.

heres a picture of Lazzie's DD replacement, Ill be stripping the badging, cut, and buff, swapping tail lights with a newer bodystyle, and rhyno lining the bed... its a solid truck, being as it is a V6 not a V8, it does the job. ill eventually swap it out for a V8 4x4, and mod the living snot out of it... but till then, Lazzies DD stresses have been relieved. And she is looking at a badass powerplant.

472369_4855347027017_1901385609_o_zps84b

466980_4855346867013_16821526_o_zpsf2df4

OH! i nearly forgot... I enetered Old Lazzie into a carshow in Copperopolis while everybody else was having fun at Datsloco... :( ive got the pictures below)

474574_10151605255710600_476908986_o_zps

942432_10151605259215600_1907413192_n_zp

i didnt win anything of course, but it was a blast!

^x3 DAMMIT! 

Now that it (Lazzie) is a dedicated project car, and no longer my daily.... Im gonna have to drop him on his nuts, and throw in that SR20DET that i had reserved for the second 510.... Balls to the wall fast... and still able to drag the kids around need be.

• 3 weeks later...

There has been a resurgence in the force today. I dont know why, but it comes, and goes in waves... I miss my Honda. I'm just here paying homage today, but one day, she will be vindicated... ONE DAY, Old Lazzie will stand up, and reclaim the throne. 

civic053.jpg

modball070.jpg