LAZARUS the sedan - Part 280ZX, Part 620, Part Silverado, Part Integra, ALL Lazzie!

alright, i muscled up the determination to get Lazarus outside for some sunlight today. Installed all four wheels, and cleaned him up a bit. I got some good pictures. I think i was a little iffy on the wheels at first, but they deffinetly have grown on me as of today... The cool thing is that they are 100% genuine Centerline FORGED (not spun) aluminum wheels.. I measured them... 9in wide, and they have a 4.5" lip. BEAST.. while i like them, and want to keep them... the fender flares seem inevitable... and the cut fenders do too.  :crying: oh well i guess.

I seem to have hit a snag aside from the wheels after today.... I cant close my hood! HAHA!! the L20b is so tall under the hood that with my side draft webers, the hood wont shut... WHAA? lol... Do you all know of a cowl hood for a 510 out of curiousity... if i cant find one, i think i will just run spacers, and longer bolts on the hinge side. give it the "JDM lift".

Without further adieu... the photo sesh (below)

100_1137_zpsbfa0b2f5.jpg

100_1135_zps32e10b7d.jpg

100_1133_zpsec25d4a0.jpg

100_1132_zps90c6cced.jpg

100_1131_zps148a9901.jpg

100_1130_zps257ebd14.jpg

100_1129_zps1ce1a1a5.jpg

100_1128_zps904d8ae8.jpg

100_1127_zps8ba7c0c3.jpg

100_1126_zps881ff953.jpg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the motor mounts, use the 510 rubber mounts and the metal brackets from the l16. It will lower the engine enough for the hood to close. Or just slot the metal brackets.

what do you mean "slot" them? I used the factory 510 motor mounts from the smaller motor, and im having this issue still. The contact point isnt the valve cover, I'm hitting on the top of the side draft webers... the wingnut ontop of the bowl is the highest point. it has started denting the sheetmetal of my patina paintjob.  :sneaky:  

yep... im just waiting for the new ones to come in the mail... I ordered them from eBay the same day i got the rims. I'm not driving the car... i cant... not till the fenders are cut, rolled, and pulled... and then ill mount up some ZG fender flares. I just rolled it out of the garage for a few pictures for you guys.  :thumbup: 

once the rolling/driving/flares issue is sstraightened out, itll be making its first trip to the exhaust shop for repairs to the header, (and dropped piping from when i beat the hell outta the exhaust to mount it up there with the inch taller deck height.... Damn taller L20b. lol

One step at a time.

Mr. Optimistic. with those tires i poke (without pulling the fenders) 2"... MAYBE 2.5".... but thats pushing it. 

ZG fenders range from 2" diffrence to 4" diffrence depending on where you get them, and what you want. 

Box flares AND bubble flares are ugly as hell in my book.. (my opinion though)... and i wouldnt touch them unless i REALLY needed them.

aside from that ^^^ I love the wheels, so... much like the exhaust that you clearly dislike as well, your gonna have to get over it. Its not yours.

Thanks Rusty, I feel pretty confident that for the people who doubt, their minds will be changed when they see what i can do with this guy in the next couple of months. Aside from that, I'm happy to have a group of local friends who see the vision i do too.

My mind wont change.

This was a OK car. least its still straight as of now

Be serious now. You really think a flair is going to cover this tire and still loook good unless you put some Gabrieal Hijackers on there.Look at those front tires. I dont think even box flair w 280zx struts will cover them

I seen a guy on here a long long long time ago. He got soem cheap wheels that didnt fit(too big) and did the Jeep cherokee thing and sawzall the fenders to clear them. He said it still looked cool.

yes its your car.

Thats why alot of 510s are not worth much after thay get hacked up.

Im only here to help/prevent you from doing stupid things. I was young once also.

personally I think that car would look so good with 1st gen stock hubcaps and small white wall tires and slam it down. Wont cost that much ,no work and rides good.

• Like 1

we will see huh... 

Im not a dumbass... if it doesnt work out... well, then it doesnt work out... but i would like it to. If the flares cover it, im golden, if not... they roll the car till i start the SAME two month process finding some other rims that will clear the god forsaken measurements of the 280ZX brakes that i installed.. 

I hate the offset of those 280ZX struts. that shit blows. but i did it for the brake size.. THAT was something i needed.

wheels that fit??????

Internet and be at your house in less than 2 weeks. 4 bolts each wheel and less than 45mins DONE.

Im sure Troy Ermish has some wheels at the 510 outlet.

stock hupcaps look Gangsta and cheap!

those rims you have are to wide, your rip the seems out by the rear door.

pay a little more and get it done right.

one thing about 510 guys i notice. They drive 3 hours to get soemthhing FREE . But ask 20 bucks they never show up.

Same with wheels. 50 dollar or Free rims from the Recycler and they spend 3 K$ to make them fit.

Sunk wheels are for the faint of heart. Only real men challenge fitment.

Dial in some driveable camber, stretch those tires, and smash some hammer-clearance.

Anyone telling you not to is just too much of a pussy.

You have 12 post you have not earned the right to call people real men.

• Like 2