LAZARUS the sedan - Part 280ZX, Part 620, Part Silverado, Part Integra, ALL Lazzie!

alright, so i got a SEMI side picture of the datsun for you all... sorry... its on a tow truck :hmm: ...

Photo0284-1.jpg

but i have another BETTER picture... B) CHROME!! B)

339463_3473952053006_1692496415_o.jpg

i just got the chrome headlight trim and my aluminum radiator in the mail a few days ago... it was time for the install! so i hit everything with some 00 steel wool, and then after i had exhausted my elbow grease, i taped, and painted... see the RADIATOR?? im pretty happy... now all it has to do is run... :crying:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i need to get my hands on a complete lockset for the car and cant afford to pay too much for it. any ideas? right now i dont have the key to the doors, and the trunk is busted. all ive got is the ignition.. <_< ive got to make this thing a daily, and thats the biggest hurdle in the way of that goal after it gets back from the shop.

so after sending the dizzy to texas having them tell me there is nothing wrong with it except a ground i ALREADY checked, and sending it back, we have a NEW issue.. the rotor seems to be throwing off the signal to the sensor... WTF?? we made a video of it, and sent it to hotspark's customer service head, Jon, who i have become un-naturally acquainted with. he overnighted a brand new distributer to me free of charge based on my word that i would send the old defective one back to texas via usps flatrate. that was pretty good of the guy... it sucks it has taken this long... i missed taking the datto with my on my commute to fairfield for the weekend, and had to take the drift nissan (poor me right? lol) but the datto has been on my mind constantly since ive been away, and i cant wait to get back and jump right in her bones. ive gotta see if a brand new dizzy fixes it.. if not... ITS THE CAR... :crying:

Hot Spark are made in China!!!!!!!!!!!!Also being a Pertronix clones needs a ballast resisitor and the stock resisitance coil. NO Otherwise they can break. Maybe not right away. REREAD THIS again!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can it be the Car as you stated. The Car (ignition switch)only privides the power to the coil and the Hot Start wire. after that its the distributor. YOu can always put the old dizzy back in and drive around again. Thats about a 15min job and not have to wait for the mail man!

I see HOT SPARK make whole distributors also. But hope the timming plates come out in the right spot so you can get on TDC and center the timming plate. As they wer many version of L series distributor and not all the timming plate and mounts are exactly the same.

As for the truck not having a lock. Go pull out the back seat the trip the lever and the trunk will come up. then slide the clip retension out the the tumbler/lock can now be removed and sent to a lock smith. SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, that was alot of capital letters. you sound excited. haha.

the trunk was busted by somebody jamming a screw driver into it and ripping it open, so i can manually open and close it with a screw driver anytime i please. thats a bad thing.

as for the dizzy.. well, i wish i had more info before i made the purchase, but its neither here nor there. i DID buy the whole distributer tho, hoping for a better product... the bright side is that i was promised that if the brand new unit didnt work flawlessly, i would get completly refunded. SOOO... i guess itll be alright in the end. (i ended up buying a high resistance coil to meet the specs listed in the instructons. too bad i cant use my MSD. D: oh well, ill get an msd box after this whole ordeal sorts itself out, and it will make it all better :D

heres the link to the video of the NEW issue.. it doesnt make sense to me that its failing like this, but it is...

YOu could have used the old coil and stock ballast in the car already with that HOtspark. I never really seen a coil go bad myself.

You can use your MSD coil if you like. You just need to add another balllast resisitor in series with it.

The MSD is .7 ohms just buy close to a 2.5 ohm resisitor and it should be safe. Napa has resisitor but the cost of a resisitor is maybe close to buying the correct coil.

well I was hoping the trunk lock wasnt the typical jammed the screw driver in. Youll nned to fix that one.

But I had a 510 once that the lock hole was filled in and used a lawn mower cable that was mounted by the back seat and you pull the cable to open the latch

• Like 1

YOu could have used the old coil and stock ballast in the car already with that HOtspark. I never really seen a coil go bad myself.

You can use your MSD coil if you like. You just need to add another balllast resisitor in series with it.

The MSD is .7 ohms just buy close to a 2.5 ohm resisitor and it should be safe. Napa has resisitor but the cost of a resisitor is maybe close to buying the correct coil.

well I was hoping the trunk lock wasnt the typical jammed the screw driver in. Youll nned to fix that one.

But I had a 510 once that the lock hole was filled in and used a lawn mower cable that was mounted by the back seat and you pull the cable to open the latch

yeah, i didnt really like the look of the stock coil, plus it didnt have positive and negative markings... so i figured that was enough of an excuse to get the MSD blaster 3 coil. lol... but it overheats the sensor... so i googled high resistance coils, and found one from an old ford or dodge that looked decent, got a part number and bought it at Vato-zone. all is well now... maybe i will externally resist the msd coil... but we will cross that bridge when i get to it... till then ill just focus on getting it running, and then MSD boxing it :D

the running/stuttering problem is solved... it was the dizzy, BUT im sure the fuel wasnt helping... NOW, i have to figure out what to do about this throttle linkage situation. till then i cant daily the damn car, and its making me upset.... i was thinking about running a throttle cable, but im not sure what vehicle i should pull from for parts...

ideas anyone?

Can you locate a stock 510 gas pedal? If u can, buy mr. Gasket Kit 5657. Grind off the end of the gas pedal rod. Insert the screw in ball, and then run the cable to the carb(s). You may need to hear up the rod and bend it a bit to line it up through the firewall hole.

The throttle cable kit is like 30ish bucks of amazon. I used this kit for my twin mikunis.

• Like 1

do you mean locate ANOTHER 510 gas pedal? cause Lazarus's IS stock.... i figured i would be able to hook it to the stock pedal with out a hitch, but linking it up to the rod that twists to throttle the dual carbs is where im drawing a blank... i tried using the factory t shaped bracket that is part of the mechanical throttle linkage, and JBwelding it to the rod, but the jb weld broke.. plus it was at a weird angle, and wouldnt return with normal spring tension. ill get a picture of my failed attempt up here when i go to revisit the car in my buddies shop on monday.

HES RUNNING!!!!!

i got him back from the shop thanks to some advise from blackmarkit, who was available to stop by the shop on his way back from work and offer some custom fab advise... so ive been kicking ass on getting it ready for Mark's bbq tonight for the ratsun guys... i installed the nissan mudflaps from my 720 i parted out, relocated the door mirrors to the fenders, installed vacuum line from the vacuum advance section of my new dizzy to the intake manifold, installed my acura integra LS seats i had been saving for the car, cleaned the inside thoroughly, and went through all the fluids.... and then on a test drive last night my FREAKIN WHEEL CYLINDAR BLEW OUT... WTF?! alright, so im lucky i have another 510 in my backyard.. my plan is to change the rear drum assy out for the coupe, and set the coupe on my garbage hub. it makes me sad to do it, but i need a car, and maybe this is the kick in the pants i need to do a major brake upgrade on the coupe... ANYWHO.... its time to go into surgery on Lazarus. i refuse to let him die... AGAIN...

• Like 1

m125_main.jpg

^^^ this is the mirror i JUST bought on ebay.. $30 shipped... and i simultaneously got this accomplished:

Photo0400.jpg

the whole arm assy has been dropped, and is ready to swap out for the donor rear drum... ill have it on the road today, or ill break myself trying

side note - i have taken extra strides toward my fitness, and met with a few other friends locally, we pushed ourselves for a 3mile jog, and then did some other exersizes like planks pushups, flutterkicks, and some sprints to finish it off... my body is TORE UP... im not moving as fast as id like today, but its for the better i think. lol