LAZARUS the sedan - Part 280ZX, Part 620, Part Silverado, Part Integra, ALL Lazzie!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

installed vacuum line from the vacuum advance section of my new dizzy to the intake manifold???

Unless you got a SU set up

wheel cylinder went out? so you swaped a whole trailing arm just for this? Am I missing sonething? wheel cylinders are EZ to get.

car looks good green I would roll it just like that(Love the Patina) . just lower the front to match. Or raise tha back up and make it look like a rally car. As those are the perfect rallye wheels they used to run .

The get rid of that MUFFLER!!!!!!!!!!!

installed vacuum line from the vacuum advance section of my new dizzy to the intake manifold???

Unless you got a SU set up

wheel cylinder went out? so you swaped a whole trailing arm just for this? Am I missing sonething? wheel cylinders are EZ to get.

car looks good green I would roll it just like that(Love the Patina) . just lower the front to match. Or raise tha back up and make it look like a rally car. As those are the perfect rallye wheels they used to run .

The get rid of that MUFFLER!!!!!!!!!!!

the drum wouldnt come off for shit!

Hammer big flat head nothing it was just stuck and yes he took off both the screws to remove it.

• Like 1

thankyou sirs. ill try the two bolt idea. that sounds a bit smarter than me and konig's orangutan method of beating it with a sledge hammer, and then scratching our heads. lol.

and yes, i had to go out of my way to get the vacuum hose, so i figured it was worth adding into the list of things i got accomplished...

im not sure EXACTLY what went out but i know im losing brake fluid from inside the drum, and i cant get the drum apart, so in order to get my daily back on the road, yes i swapped trailing arms.. it seemed the most logical for my lack of knowledge in the area of drum brakes AND it wasnt that hard. PLUS it gave me a chance to drop the mother. lol.

the car did great on its maiden voyage to Blackmarkit's bbq on friday night.. once we headed out and started cruising though the dual webers went out of sync, and we tried fixing them in the middle of a clusterbomb of people who showed up to hang out at IN N OUT in modesto... with no tools :blush: .. yeah i was dumb enough to take the maiden voyage without even a pocket knife.... tisk tisk... so we got it fixed by hand, but that only lasted so long... it fell back out of sync on the way home, and i dropped a critical piece of throttle linkage on 99s... so with one carb i limped it home... spent a few hours yesterday running errands, and trying to help Mark (Blackmarkit) as he fabricated a new piece (like a BOSS) out of a piece of rod from OSH.

it got a secong maiden voyage... I DRIFTED IT!!! and it did FANTASTIC! for a grandma car thats for sure.. i think im going to drive it for my double test run to church today (20 minutes freeway each way) with the family... wish me luck. im off!

alright... picture time.

chopped springs - the initial chop. haha

Photo0401.jpg

removed the seats. driver one - trash, passenger one salvagable (has not been sat in for 30+ years) - $40

Photo0397.jpg

Photo0398-1.jpg

Photo0399-1.jpg

any money made off the seat goes directly back into lazarus... lol. help fund the lazarus foundation ;D

and i have to get a shot of the radiator resevoir installed in the car and filled with bright green coolant, but till then heres the new resevoir... so far not a single issue... its been in the car for at least ten heat cycles, and about 3 hours combined drive time... includes some time at the drift pad with Blackmarkit :D

396062_3548662680725_1832798119_n.jpg

thankyou sirs. ill try the two bolt idea. that sounds a bit smarter than me and konig's orangutan method of beating it with a sledge hammer, and then scratching our heads. lol.

Could have asked first!!!!!!

Its in the Haynes Manual on how to remove the drum brakes. Yes the 2 jacking screw holes. If that dont work loosen the adjuster and then get a torch and heat the drumcenter and wack it to loosen it up. If Pounding to hard they DRUM will crack.

As for the Carbs you got what? Duel SUs or DCOE webers? If DCOEs then DONT run a vacuum advance as its only to 1 runner. How that going to equelize on 1 piston intake?

Carbs should not run out of sync that fast unless its a piece of crap set up. Make sure ends are not cracked or buy new ones.

510s always need tools

these carbs are DCOE... and the vavuum advance ran from the dizzy to a port in the cannon intake manifold. yes, on one runner... and if it doesnt work, then i wont have a vacuum advance, BUT i will plug a vacuum leak, so winning one out of two battles is a success for me.

drum brakes. yeah i dont want um, ill be switching to rear disc as soon as i can. till then ill learn out of nessesity, not desire.

and right now i dont need to. the problem is fixed.

as far as the carbs, the problem is fixed, and it will not be happening again. new linkage was made, and everything was threadlocked, jam nutted, and tripple checked. i would have welded the SOB if i thought there was a another chance of failure.

as far as tools, yeah, my bad.

as long as you are happy with it and I am kinda digging the exhaust.

maybe I should look into this exercise you speak of.

thanks man, im doing another big jog today after i log off ratsun. :w00t: plan on 2 large city blocks (google says 3.7miles) close to home. should be good before some core exersizes.

so its a bit late, but i got a shot of Konig209 molesting my car's rear end...

Photo0402.jpg

and i thought id throw up some diffrent pictures of the progress... :D

below is the rack that we found on our journey to picknpull (its off a volvo station wagon), also with Carlos (konig)

Photo0358-1.jpg

and heres the diffrence between the seats from old stock, to new2me Integra LS seats.. happy days!

Photo0396.jpg

and work im putting into the front bumper and front end of the car in order to get it worth of being MY daily. lol (i also bought some AWESOME hammered texture bronze krylon paint for the center of the rims... hehe... gonna look good!)

Photo0419.jpg

and i just got my five panel rear view mirror in so i jumped right into that install

Photo0418.jpg

ill upload some pictures a bit later of the finished front end, and the roof rack installed on the datto... also my friend let me borrow his buffer and compound to try and clean the sides of the datsun and make steps toward clearing the exterior for that finished patina look...

ALSO... i located the origional blue california liscence plates from when i pulled the car from the earth, and i plan on using those to cover the notorious 510 cancer in from of the rear bumper on the drivers side.

AND... i just got an email saying ive been accepted into the dublin nissan hot summer days car show that i applied to quite a while ago... so if i can finangle the time on the 25th to make it to the car show AND host my son's birthday party then ill gladly be in attendance... but we all know what takes precedence when theres a complication like that. lol... so.... fingers crossed.

Photo0426.jpg

heres the new front vallance from the 720 i parted out^^^

Photo0420.jpg

^^^ just set the roof rack on... in the process of bolting it up today

Photo0425.jpg

^^^ BRAND NEW liscence plates!! also, finishing the front bumper as i type, going to install it and drive the car till i get one of my buddies who is more knowledgable than i am to fab the front vallance into position... also gonna drop the front as much as i can without sacrificing too much camber... and then i figure im done till i can get the car clear coated, AND get my paper together enough to buy camber kits (then it will go lower), 17s, then it will get big brakes, and new rubbers around AT LEAST the front and rear windows (with the front window being replaced, its bubbling on the inside, and pitted)

ALL SAID AND DONE, ive got a little photo sesh under my belt from last night... the car is really pleasing me... i cant wait till i bronze the center of the wheels, and drop the front end to a respectable height. but till then, this is what i have:

100_0716.jpg

100_0720.jpg

MY FAVORITES ^^^^^^

heres the interior

100_0694.jpg

100_0701.jpg

100_0691.jpg

100_0690.jpg

100_0707.jpg

100_0703.jpg

i borowed a friends orbital buffer and compound, i plan on dropping the car onto the painted wheels soon, and then going over the car with the buffer to get the contamination from dirt and years of weather off the origional paint... and then clearing over the patina look.... im pretty excited.... its come a long ways.

100_0693.jpg

oh, almost forgot... i dropped the origional liscence plates over the rust holes in the quarter panel by the notorious muffler... i plan on tacking them in place, and clear coating the crap out of them to seal the rust when its all said and done... lol.. should give me some good years of use. lol

hahaha... i did keep the bleu and yellow plates... they are now a part of the car in a very permanent way. (cool thing is those are the origional plates the car had through the seventies, so now they will be a part of the car for the next many years to come :D )

thanks for the support indy, but i totally intend on running the valance. ill strip the blue paint, and rattle can it flat black... you guys might have noticed, but im not a fan of the conventional, so the golf mki lip, and the bre lip, are something i dont particularly care for unless they are my only options.. SOOO... an all metal oem nissan lip from a "z" truck sounds like an alright choice for me. its diffrent, and i think it will look pretty good... we will see... if im wrong, ill have the factory lower front valance to return to the car... if im right, ill do the same thing to my 2dr in the back yard. time will tell... its not on my list of things to do today, so it will happen when it happens ;D

i accepted a dare to try and pull a co-workers full size hunting rig with my freshly installed hitch on my freshly up and running Datsun 510 sedan. i pulled the Ford F250 4x4 crew cab almost 5feet... i proved the point. Datsun's dont fail, neither do those welds..

heres the welding in progress

Photo0435.jpg

heres the VIDEO

IMG_1284.jpg

^^^ that wouldnt qualify as posi traction would it? lol

the wheels have been "bronze"d in the centers, and i WANT to drop the front either today or tommorow depending on time availability. ive got work that clogs up my day during my wife free "do what i want to do" time. lol... ive been bitched out pretty bad in regards to paying more attention to the car than i do to her... so when she gets home i mentally flip priority switches. lol