Louis's 510 build

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's black and white two tone. It was for sale a few years ago so you might have seen it. It had an SR and was pretty cheap. There was a reason for the price trust me :) The car was worth it but needed to be gone through.

where did you guys get those fuel line clamps? those are sweet

Made them on the mill. I've heard you can buy them but I couldn't find them anywhere. So I just built some. Now that I have the design down it shouldn't take to long to make more.

Nice work Guys! I have on my to-do list those same clamps but I'm gonna make mine a clam shell design so the lines aren't touching the body.

I wanna see the 64 Camper! My bro's first car was a 67 Camper. Wish he still had it.... We got bored and put my 1835 in it once. That was funny :rofl:

Nice work Guys! I have on my to-do list those same clamps but I'm gonna make mine a clam shell design so the lines aren't touching the body.

I wanna see the 64 Camper! My bro's first car was a 67 Camper. Wish he still had it.... We got bored and put my 1835 in it once. That was funny :rofl:

I will start a Bus thread soon! In the non datto project section :) It's in really good shape too! It just needs some fresh paint and to be lowered about a foot! haha

I thought about making clamps like that. But really it doesn't matter if it touches the body. I just find it weird you can't type in 5/16" fuel line clamps into ebay and find them.... I was thinking about making them and selling them. It's on my list how about that :)

it is about time some one who new wtf they where doing got there hands on that car it was a mess when the guy who attempted to build it tried to build it.

i want some of those fuel hose clamps.

Yeah dude that car was a mess! I can't believe how many bolts were either missing or not tight!

Dude those fuel line clamps make it so much easier to run the fuel lines!!!

I thought about making clamps like that. But really it doesn't matter if it touches the body. I just find it weird you can't type in 5/16" fuel line clamps into ebay and find them.... I was thinking about making them and selling them. It's on my list how about that :)

Remember my intake manifold? I can't help it :w00t:

Here's my design. Weld the flat piece to the floor (Has tapped hole in it) then bolt the other half using a 10-32 SHCS..... :thumbup: Your design is much easier but I wanted something that was threaded.

Clamps.png

10-32!!! How about M5 x .8 :) Not that it's possible to keep everything metric. Stupid imperial... :)

I did think of doing something like that. Just didn't know if it was needed and I just made my real quick on the manual mill. If I was going to get that fancy I would want to use the CNC. Which in turn requires much more time. Now I gotta try and build a set like that :)