Rusty panda 620 DD

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yea I wasn't sure what I was looking at at first. But they put it on a post with a big thing that threads down and locks the wheel down by the center, then they use an air ram to thrust upward and break the bead. Basically they were support to let the air out of the tire first and either forgot or didn't let enough out and the bead was too set so the wheel broke instead. Those wheels were strong bit not as strong as a few hundred pounds smashing into it

I still dont know how they could have done that.

someone seriously fucked up.

cuz when you pull tires you pull the whole little plug from the stem and it lets out all the air.

then like with the machine above the arm presses down on the rubber to pop it off the bead.

Dropped in over at converted to datsuns house. Today is the day. I explained a few things to him. Stood around. Didnt get my hands dirty...

WP_000013.jpg

But even more awesome was this thing!

WP_000014.jpg

What is that you ask? Why that would be the taught side chain guide. And its missing the top half. And its missing its mounting ears. Where did those parts go?

Well into the pan of course! Along with the spring of the tensioner. I left shortly after we went to grab a oil pan gasket...

Nice work fellas! Always good to have a second set of eyes around and many times a clean pair of hands. I wanted to do some wrenching today myself but it didnt happen. Garage is full and it was raining all day.. among other things. Makes me want to take he day off work to catch on lost wrenching time.

Im gonna need a timing set for the ka. Is osk the way to go to get the japan goods?

Been workin away on the truck haha and yes an experienced observer is very helpful when wrenching.

Anyway I removed the cross member and steering arm and dropped the oil pan. I found the missing tensioner spring and piece of guide. I'm not really sure how I was running that way. Especially since it looks like the distributed timing was set to 12 haha

Then I cleaned the oil pan and timing cover. I replaced the lower coolant housing gasket and the front seal and now I'm taking a much needed break to eat

My chain without a guide or tensioner...

AC95777A-F10F-458D-943E-2A954C1AE57A-311

The pan remeved!

707562F9-A7EF-4234-811A-3ECCFA0739F7-311

The missin pieces

3F6CA04E-95F8-4943-8E71-F574A2568176-311

Clean timing cover ready to go back on

A5B0C1AA-318F-4F58-9E45-F42904072219-311

• Like 1

I finished up my timing chain, oil pan, and installed my ka oil pump. Bolted everything back together and put new fluids in and it started right up and runs amazing. It sounds and runs soo much better and after cleaning all those parts it's allot cleaner too

My new timing kit installed

AB004643-7890-43DF-A0F1-F0CA5B3DF207-364

Oil pan back on and new ka oil pump in place

D0F73930-592D-4926-85A6-8DF4E29C2F2E-364

All back together and running perfect

CFF5055C-E95D-48CE-8399-1175FD134AD5-364

Well I went and got my new second vehicle to drive while the truck is in body and paint this summer... A Suzuki gs550!! Old school j-bike for the win! The hardest part so far was getting it back out of the truck cause my bright idea to make it easy made it way to hard. Then I started cleaning while I had the battery in the charger. And we'll see if it fires after the battery is charged. Got it dirt cheap and I love it. Might make it into a cafe racer eventually. But for now it'll be kinda ratsun style

On it's way home! (Woulda hauled it in the 620 but the tailgate latches are still not functional)

F1916756-9A29-4707-8129-D05163A7EFEC-238

All clean and in the garage waiting for a battery

B2A464B8-A523-423D-85B1-1D1375C2C330-238

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...