ratty datsun bashing

ok so i need to vent a bit cuz it drives me FUCKING CRAZY when people have to bash on my truck because it LOOKS like a pile of shit. yes she's old, yes she's falling apart but she ALWAYS gets me where i need to go and if im running late shell get me there faster.. yes i may have kids, but that's why i have a kc and jump seats in the back.. no i do not NEED a car, when the perfect one that meets my wants/needs comes up i'll get it, but damnit i'm not selling my truck just because it's a "tight squeeze"...

Photo-0005A.jpg <-- its the perfect family car :P

• Like 4
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I laugh when people call my truck shitty, but they drive a newer car.

My trucks been around for 30+ years, several owners, runs consistent on a day to day basis, gets 25+ MPG, AND looks better then half the shit on the road. %90 of cars on the road now probably won't be around in 35 years, let alone running and driving.

Datsun ftw.

exactly what i mean! my truck may not be PRETTY but how much does it COST to fix a NEW car vs our trucks? new L20 with some of the works (highcomp head bored 40k over, ect) = $500.. new whatever the new cars motor: $3000+? and i can almost garantee it won't last as long as these old datsuns motors.. PLUS look at how mangled NEW cars get when they're wrecked (like a crumpled paper bag) and a wrecked datsun truck (like a slightly squished beer can..)

Yep.. stupid people.. if only they knew how much easier and CHEAPER it is to work on these old cars/trucks (omg I gotta turn a WRENCH!) Vs "fixing" the new cars (ok let's hook up the computer and see if we can't find what's wrong) and not to mention if th brain goes dead you're screwed but in a datsun you can go w/o oil (short distances only) before it blows and I've heard of running on only 3 of 4 cyllanders.. I don't think ill ever go newer than my 79..

Also.. who owns your "new" car? You or the BANK? I own my old "beater" out right and I'm don't owe anyone anything on it

She is a tank :) I can't wait to redo the bed (I hate the rails and my deck is half rotten) and lift it and maker her a 4wd THEN shell really be a tank ;)

the funny thing is once you go 4wd with it people will just think its an actual wheeler and not a "junker"

That is true, but they will still bitch because "its not a family car" when I have my 2 kids in it.. but again that's why I have jump seats and ken put seatbelts in the back..

I'm 26 (this Sunday) and when I was a kid mom had a 74 kc 620 and I got stuffed behind the seat with just a pillow to sit on untill the motor went tits up (I was about 15) and mom gave the trruck to her mechanic, who then redid the motor and sold it to some arse who wrapped the poor blue bitch around a tree :( anyways moral of the story if it was safe-ish for me, and I've got real jump seat and I have

seat belts so its even safer for my kids.. but no matter what I do unless I. Get a (newer) car I'm gonna get bitched at by someone..

Guest kamakazi620

That is true, but they will still bitch because "its not a family car" when I have my 2 kids in it.. but again that's why I have jump seats and ken put seatbelts in the back..

I'm 26 (this Sunday) and when I was a kid mom had a 74 kc 620 and I got stuffed behind the seat with just a pillow to sit on untill the motor went tits up (I was about 15) and mom gave the trruck to her mechanic, who then redid the motor and sold it to some arse who wrapped the poor blue bitch around a tree :( anyways moral of the story if it was safe-ish for me, and I've got real jump seat and I have

seat belts so its even safer for my kids.. but no matter what I do unless I. Get a (newer) car I'm gonna get bitched at by someone..

Don't mean to piss on your parade but KC weren't made in 1974............just sayin'

My dad had an extended cab S10 when I was a kid... that bitch had jumpseats as well and thats where I got stuck if we were riding with mom. I probably rode in those seats until I was about 13 (at which point I was just shy of 5.5 ft tall) and then I moved to sit on top of the cup holder console thing that was in the back. My legs were too long and my hips were too wide for the jump seat... sitting on the console meant I didnt wear a seat belt, but it seems like it really didnt matter then.

looks good to me i think i saw u hauling hay one day with this out in tumwater....it was a couple months back....

to each there own... people ask me why i drive datsuns and airbagged trucks and not escalades or new tahoes ....or a stupper duty.(being self employed...which i dont know why they assume i have money....cause i dont ever get paid until all employees and state agencys get paid...if at all..).. its just not me ...if i was rich i would just have more sick dattos .... and wierd minitrucks...

My wife used to complain about my 67 sedan until I pointed out that the Datsun was the car I used to go get the parts to fix her "good" car. She now appreciates it and thinks it's "cute".

Stages of ownership. The new car. The car. The second car. The other car. That thing. The what the hell is that car. The junker. The embarassment. The interesting car. The collectable car. The antique. The what would you take for that car.

if i listened to what people think about my car, i would be another honduh douchebag with a ps3 in my car playing fast and the furious non stop, all that matters is you like your car.

I also laugh when there is bashing. No way I would let a Torass owner see me get pissed over just that. My Datsuns are paid for, cheap on insurance get good enough mileage, look GREAT, fun to drive and even fix. Who ever points at a Torass and says...." Oh look it's a Taurus!" or gives them a :thumbup:

I wrote this almost two years ago. Skib saved it in his profile.

I believe in the EI dizzy, and the IR alternator. That Datsun IS a car and that the almighty Nissan made them. I believe in gear reduction starters for colder climates and high output oil pumps. That setting valve lash hot is better than cold, and that a good mechanic does not need to use RTV. That a good used junkyard part is superior to a reconditioned one and I believe in the merits of a hot start relay and re torquing head bolts at every tune up. I believe that a higher output alternator trumps a stock one and that dash light dimmer switches were installed by Nissan as an in joke by the engineers. I have faith that when a Datsun quits on the side of the road that almost anyone can check for spark and fuel and that having found one and fixing the other it will start and get you home.

This is what I do believe in.

• Like 2