The Old School Reunion June 10, (Seattle) Bothell Country Vilage

a2lowvw

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good turn out, it was nice meeting some meet some more ratuners. Confrats to paul for the win but it was bitter sweet for him, im sure he will elaborate later. The last pic is a good one of me throwing my arms in the air like a moron. Lol

• Like 1

It was an awesome show and a ton of really cool old cars, EURO and JDM alike. It was nice to attend a show where the organizers had thier shit together. It is definitley a "Must Attend" in my book.

So...on to the bitter sweet...On the way home, I blew a headgasket. She was eating antifreeze and overheating. We managed to limp her home and Doug and I proceeded to tear into it. We had the head off in less than an hour. You can clearly see where the HG failed. I have the head going into my machinist this afternoon to diagnose and fix any issues. She will be back on the road soon enough to make the trip to Richland next week.

Funny part: In the raffle I won a year membership to AAA. Glad I didn't need a tow but I would have been covered.....Murphy's Law at it's finest.

Doug has a good story on his raffle win......Your turn cupcake.......lol

Funny you say he missed Canby. We went down just for a few hours yesterday and I was telling the husband that I was bummed that we weren't able to make it to this meet (we had committed to donate parts off our truck to someone in need and I didn't want to stand him up), and we passed this guy headed north on I-5 as we headed south. I mentioned it to Doug on his photo of this 1600 on his Facebook and he said the dude did Canby on Saturday, then this yesterday. Smart dude..... I wish we could have done the same.

As someone else said earlier, I hope they can schedule this a different weekend than Canby next year so that we can attend each..... otherwise we'll have more decisions to make.

The Old School Reunion was very cool. Lots of cars, a raffle & good times B) I want to thank Justin (i think that was his name) for bringing the BBQ & cooking up the food. RickRat for bringing the food & all the Ratsuners that attended. Wish I could have visited more with you all but there were so many cool cars to see.

Loved the old round hedlite rabbits. The lil Honda cars were incredible! The Opel Kadet was bad-ass! Wish there were some old Benz's tho.

Paul won Best Datsun with his 76 620 longbed. He also won a years free AAA in the raffle which he nedded on the way home cuz his award-winning truck overheated! LoL :rofl: I won a $50 gift card to the Red-Hook brewerey!

Enuff chit-chat heres the pics :fu:

006.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg011.jpg012.jpg013.jpg014.jpg015.jpg016.jpg017.jpg018.jpg019.jpg021.jpg

Guest Rick-rat

Thanks to a2lowvw for cooking and it was mostly the food he brought that we got to eat, I brought a bunch of food back home, great show,lots of cars, might need to find a bigger spot for next year, especially if it doesn't happen same time as Canby.

Doug wheres the gal on the chopper? OK see you got it on there

For those of you not on the Facebooks, here is a link to their photos... it should be public so everyone can see:

http://www.facebook....19179714&type=3

There are a bunch of Datsuns in their pictures and the mention that the "Official Pictures" will be out in the next day or so.

Thanks to all the crew for hanging out and BBQing. A2Lowws grille was a little bigger so it was better for so many people (and interestingly enough I left my BBQ and camping chairs at the show :bye: ). I had a great time and will be attending next year as well. They said they are going to try and do it at the same spot and the same time next year... so I hope DNW schedules Canby for a different weekend.

glad everyone had a good time. overall show turnout was good and datsun turnout was great. sold a burger and a dog and the rest was given out (24 burgers and 12 brats). I know all the guys who put on the show from the vw community.

• Like 3

glad everyone had a good time. overall show turnout was good and datsun turnout was great. sold a burger and a dog and the rest was given out (24 burgers and 12 brats). I know all the guys who put on the show from the vw community.

Yeah...I never got a chance to say thanks for the burgers. THANKS!

• Like 1