*Stolen* ProjectFeint 610

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about that time to post some updates

Everything is starting to come together after some setbacks but the 610 is progressing

Got a 620 4 speed bolted up with a new clutch and brass shifter bushings, much better than the monkey motion

Painted the grill and no more bumper over-riders

P1000428.jpg

Put the old wheels on the rear because the celica supras aren't balanced and these have new tires... Kinda like it

P1000426.jpg

Battery relocated to the trunk (Excuse the dirty trunk) :blush:

P1000424.jpg

Alternator/Starter all wired up and 280z brake master (FYI THE 280z master does NOT fit the 610 brake booster!!)

P1000423.jpg

Ewww factory Radiator, Cleaning this up today and fixing the broken overflow nipple

P1000430.jpg

Posting a 1st start video next week when the l16 manifold comes back from ceramic coating unless something catastrophically embarrassing happens <_< Stay tuned

• Like 1

Set the base ignition timing @12 btdc and she turns over after a quick second, idles perfectly at 900 rpm. trans and clutch work flawlessly.

List of things that need to be done before shes driveable:

~New radiator+fans (610 one is cracked bad -.-)

~Wiring in tachometer

~low pressure fuel regulator/gauge + carbs dialed in

~misc cleaning of wires

~adjust valve lash (hot)

~Bleed brakes

~need some sort of muffler... maybe :devil:

That is really nice of you to say that Richard!  Thank you very much!

It is interesting that someone commented to me recently on another thread that I should be ashamed that I sold my 1800/610 Coupe!  Well, back in the mid to late 1970's the 610's were still readily available for sale but not quite as available as the 510's but I needed to fund my next project.    

After that remark, I have been feeling some remorse about having let it go, along with my 1200, 510, 1800/610 wagons,  240Z-cars, my 1979 Mazda RX7 IMSA car replica which was used as a Hayashi Racing Wheel promotional vehicle, along with my Dad's 1977 Datsun 810 that I built for him which my daughter inherited but sold that due to rust issues.   Looking at your car, along with bonvo's 610 as well as the other 610's sure brings back fond memories of my NFRA RED 1800/610 Coupe!

Gee, it's interesting how a sentence can regurgitate certain emotional content!!

At least my wife is supportive of my newly acquired 1983 Datsun 810 (910 platform) Maxima which I am slowly working on.  Just got some custom wound coil springs made and installed.  Still need to correct the ride height on it.

I hope to be able to meet you at the 2013 JCCS along with the other brethren.  

I got a jolt of "deja vu" over your "JDM coolant overflow bottle" because back in the mid 70's I fabricated an overflow container for my 510 using a miniature display of a Sake Barrel.  I sure got a lot of bad jokes about it so I eneded up replacing it with the plastic overflow tank.  I sure do appreciate that JDM overflow container of yours - that's definitely a prized idea!!  

Thank you for your time.

Ernie

After that remark, I have been feeling some remorse about having let it go, along with my 1200, 510, 1800/610 wagons,  240Z-cars, my 1979 Mazda RX7 IMSA car replica which was used as a Hayashi Racing Wheel promotional vehicle, along with my Dad's 1977 Datsun 810 that I built for him which my daughter inherited but sold that due to rust issues.   Looking at your car, along with bonvo's 610 as well as the other 610's sure brings back fond memories of my NFRA RED 1800/610 Coupe!

wow that is an impressive line up of classic cars to say the least...