*Stolen* ProjectFeint 610

Well I bashed up this thread that holds the gear arm to the steering box arm a bit with a hammer and tie rod separator (attempting) making it impossible to put the castle nut back on

Pretty amateur :sweat: So i cut this die in half, reverse re-threaded the sucker and viola castle nut is back on.

P1000248.jpg

Found these SS brake lines collecting dust that I was going to use for my wrx and well, wouldn'tcha know, they fit the 610!!!

Been finding out that subaru and nissan have a lot of interchangeability..

P1000255.jpg

My friend came over today and brought this over,

not really car related but after 60 years this garage finally has an actual ceiling light can finally put in some night time work :thumbup:

P1000253.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the holes in the bay are welded up and the zx struts are 99% ready. just recieved wrong 240z bump steer spacers,playing the waiting game and losing patience with incompetent fleabay sellers to get the right ones (been almost 4 weeks) :yawn:

On a good note~ picking up the 4 speed from the rebuilders next week + a set of sidedraft webers

Was there a problem with the flywheel on your car?

I had the same problem with bashed threads on my first car - a DeSoto... I didn't know at the time that you needed a puller to get the brake drums off! Your method with a die set looks a lot easier than what I did - lots of time with a needle file, and then using a broken castle nut as a budget die.

• 3 weeks later...

you should have been able ot run the truck flywheel i dont see why you needed the car one

Im getting a roadster pressure plate, also read somewhere that there is some fitment issues with the 4 speed bellhousing and teeth of the truck flywheel?

Then again aren't all L - series transmissions compatible with each other in terms of engine to trans?

Honestly im not sure what to do for the rear, Probably get camaro struts like Micro's 610 and cut the stock springs.

Then upgrade to some quality coils later on if I can find a set for cheep :P

You could get some front springs out of a D50 pickup.. they're a little stiffer, and you wouldn't have to cut up your stock pieces(use em for rollers in the future). That's what I have on mine, but I had already made them for my 510. They were cut too short for my 6 series, so I still need to go find another set.

For me, the ride quality didn't suffer. I like to be able to feel the road, and the D50 springs provide that nicely, without the side effects of feeling like being kicked in the kidneys, or peeing blood.

I have found that women like a softer ride in their car, as well as some so-called "men", but I've never heard any complaints from either of those while riding in my 610.. however, I suppose that perhaps that could also be credited to the fact that I tend to unconsciously tune out sniveling and whining.

• Like 1