Almost lost my finger from my KA

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my right hand...

My left is another story. Bit a chunk out of the index finger in a printing press, two finger nails ripped off, half the skin from the thumb and all the finger print skin from a third. Crushed the stink finger and lost that nail ten years earlier. Blew the skin of a knuckle with a sand blaster another time and 8 stitches from a box cutter accident. All on the left hand, fuck.

Forgot that the left thumb was cut on a table saw. Tendons ok but severed the nerves. Plastic surgery to re-connect them but still sort of numb 10 years later and it gets cold really easy. Warm hand but cold thumb.

All you guys kick ass. Thanks for the support in pics. Hope this al goes well on Monday and they only have to cut my hand to my palm and not to my wrist to find the tendon. Will post some pics of the after surgery. Lovve to get feeling and movment back, need this finger to pay the bills and for Datsun parts. But now I have 6 to 8 weeks off I have time to up date my build thread and clean of some shelfs full of parts not needed.:cool:

Don't believe you. Pics or it didn't happen.

Butt lice!

I drilled a hole thru my finger on a drill press once. they had to attach it again, sucked. Also cut myself down to the bone on one of my fingers at the knuckle doing something stupid.

Here's my pic for proof.

finger.jpg

I have quite a bit of scar tissue that restricts my mocement. I might get thr follow up surgery to have that removed... anyone else have scar tissue surgery removed from youfrhand?

I also have some scar tissue there, but no way I go to a surgery again.

These are the oics of my ungly but functional index.

In the operation room:

falangeproximal1.jpg

The final work, 2 nails inside.

finalzbr.jpg

post op, after the stiches removal i think.

dsc08076ju.jpg

Para, dude, that's a sack shriveler right there. Yikes, puckered the nads right up.

Dropped a KA block on his finger... that is Ratsun as hell. Does this merit a Purple Ratsun Medal with bloodied wrenches? +1

I will refrain from telling construction injury stories... just far too gruesome.

But, I gotta know, did anybody ask you if you were OK? You know, your get ripped open and grab some greasy old rag or bury it in your shirt, there is blood everywhere ... then somebody always has to go ... ARE YOU OK?

WTF? Huh? whaddaya think???

I cut the through tip of my left index finger on a table saw about a year and a half. The human body is so amazing. I went to the VA hospital and they did a great job of stuffing the burgered parts back in there and sewed it up. How your body figures out to how to mend itself is just mind blowing.

I took all the tips off my right fingers with a power planer. The knives were so hot it seared the cuts so it was like looking into the end of my fingers, no bleeding, like they were covered in celophane. Shit like that always take a year to heal.

Both times I couldn't play the guitar for at least nine months, and it took another six months for the tingling and phantom pains to stop. Same thing Mike said about cold tips and they hurt when it is cold out.

I was standing at the sink running my finger under hot water. I'm thinking, shit I should just snip that crap off... It'll be OK. That shit will buff out!! But then I could see I nicked the bone, so I went to the ER. I forget that I go into shock really easily when I get cut and don't always think very rationally. I thought about taking a picture... but naah.

Speaking of sack shrivelers... just wait for a month until, you aren't running bandages any more, not leaking and it pretty much doesn't hurt, you can fumble along with three fingers... then you turn really fast and whack it on something. AAAHHHH!

been there done that. dont worry, not having any feeling in your finger comes in handy lol.

got this while cleaning up around gpa's house, so the kids running around wouldnt get hurt dry.gif

cp1_stevenunstichedfinger.jpg

cp1_stevenstichedfinger.jpg

right though the knuckle, only thing that kept it in one piece was the skin on the other side where the cut didnt go completely though.

Figured I should post my pics too

Modified2.jpg

CIMG0633-1.jpg

ModifiedHandXray1.jpg

ModifiedHandXray2.jpg

I chose to do exactly what the sign said not to do, I lifted the hand guard on the metal shear I was operating. Managed to stay clear of the blade, but didn't take into account the work clamp.

Ended up crushing my fingers with approximately 10 ton of force. Exploded the index finger and the bone tip; the fingernail was standing at a right angle still attached all down the right side. Blew open the middle finger on the underside of the first joint causing the tendon to detach and become exposed; also broke the second bone in that finger lengthwise, hence the pin shoved in it. Bruised the bones in the 3rd finger.

Overall it healed to not be all that gruesome looking, but I still have lack of feeling in the index finger, and the first joint on my middle finger ended up fusing together.

7 years working in fabrication with no really bad accidents, I get tired of getting paid entry level money while doing journey level welding, so I return to school to get that magic piece of paper, and end up fucking my hand up. Life's a fun ride, that's for sure.

lol here's the exact machine he was on but, he took the plastic safety guard off.

So he gave the finger to Darwin and got his ass kicked for it?

7 years working in fabrication with no really bad accidents, I get tired of getting paid entry level money while doing journey level welding, so I return to school to get that magic piece of paper, and end up fucking my hand up. Life's a fun ride, that's for sure.

Might want to start practicing with the other hand and see if you can develop your skills with it so you're not hindered by the lack of sensitivity. I've gotten damn lucky. I was working with a huge grinding wheel (40 amp motor), it was about 4am, and I just barely caught my sleepy ass as I was about to try and stop the wheel with my hand because I wanted to turn it off for the night. That's a bone cold way to have reality slap you when you realize what you just about did to yourself.

Para, dude, that's a sack shriveler right there. Yikes, puckered the nads right up.

For sure it is, even imageshack removed my picture haha. The funny thing is that I didnt noticed, I just heard a BAM! The girnder took the metal piece out of the clamp and continued turning stucked in the disk and hitted my finger, I didnt know what was happening until I saw the big blood pond, then I rushed to the emergency room.