1968 520

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the bed liner sprayed in today, also spayed the floorboards too. Hung the hood and even took it for a drive around the neighborhood. So it does have "GO" to back up the "SHOW" not very much though. her the photos

IMPORT2098.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2099.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2100.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2102.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2101.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2104.jpg[/img]

Agree w/ Ice here! I must say, I've seen a few 521's restored to this level, but I can't recall many 520's. You will easily have one of the nicest 520's in the country!

thanks for the positive comments and I plan on keeping the pics. coming. my bro

got the gas tank installed and is working on the exhaust as I type. I still need to

rework the bumper and finish the interior and trim. I am hoping to get all the paper work in order, DMV :(, so I can get some wheel time in before Canby.

IMPORT2048.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2049.jpg[/img]

I'm planning on fixing the bumper and painting it the same color as the roof. I have a couple of 521 bumpers, not in much better shape, but they are not the same and won't fit. So some heat and an anvil are my only option at this point. I think painting it white will give it some what of a "fleet" truck or look. But if anyone can think of a better option I an open to ideas?

Damm it looks pretty much brand new now! Nice work :D On the bumper if you wanna try & save the chrome wrap a few shop rags around the end of small mallet/sledge & hammer away. That should preserve whats left of it & not make it flake off. Make sure & have something behind it [like a dolly] to help keep its shape. If you have to paint it go with the bamboo tan w/ maybe a red stripe going end to end in the middle to match the rims..just a thought.

Exhaust is done -- sounds meaner than it looks. Tailgate is on. Lowering blocks in the rear. Stereo installed. Brakes bled. Fuel tank installed and plumbed. Currently working on the wiring. Bumper if fixed but still needs paint. Pics to follow.

here are the pictures, I took them on FRI. and haven't had the chance to post. My brother might have the tail lights, and wiring finished up by now too. Still need to prime and shine the bumper and finish the interior but looks like Canby should no problem.

IMPORT2129.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2130.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2131.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2132.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2133.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2134.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2135.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2136.jpg[/img]

uhhhh.......c'mere

shhhhh. your honda's showing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Its going to be cool rollin out to Canby this year.

-Brian

• 3 weeks later...