1968 520

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I havent posted anything since Canby, I wish I could have gone both days but other plans conflicted. I would have registered it if I was to be there on sun. I think the truck had a good shot at a plaque or trophy. All the positive comments are much appreciated. As for more horsepower the next owner can do has they please. thats right shes FOR SALE so anyone with interest PM me and I will get in contact. I plan on posting it in the for sale section also.

This truck was on the way to the crush when I knew I was its only hope of survival. So I made the call to my brother who reluctantly agreed to help me drag it home, and do all the mechanical to get it to run, stop, and steer. But the reason was to save it to sell it so some one else could enjoy besides a demented car crusher opperator. That is why I put it back to stock condition so hopefully someone would want to relive their memories of riding in grandpas old truck. But I also want to sell it to fund my original 521 project. So there you go, buy this Datsun so I can save another one. DYLANDATSUN521197.jpg[/img]

DYLANDATSUN521204.jpg[/img]

SHANNONWEDDINGDATSUN521089.jpg[/img]

SHANNONWEDDINGDATSUN521088.jpg[/img]

SHANNONWEDDINGDATSUN521028.jpg[/img]

IMPORT296.jpg[/img]

I cant believe how nice the truck turned out...Very very nice..But at the risk of sounding like a kill joy, I would have tird to locate a stock stereo, or even gone a put a modern day vintage look stereo like they put into Hot Rods...But that is no big deal........MAjor Kudos....

Whats the price tag going to be???

The prior owner had made many of the mod desicion for me with his crude craftmanship. So I just kind of had to do the best with what was left. Hence the 521 turn signals and the speakers in the doors and the stereo to fill the hole. Thanks for the comments. And this and many of my other projects would not be possible without my Brother. I owe him and my Dad alot for their help on this one. OH and I owe him money too:(, So buy this truck its nice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great looking truck man! You should stick some of the finished product pics on this thread too...I have seen them on another page, turned out great!

Hey, on the rims...my 521 has 2 with the hole, and 2 without. I know that when i was getting the original 14's all figured out, i had a pile of rims/tires to rifle through, and searched long and hard for matches to either set...anybody know when the "hole" showed up...what models? Why? It seems like a brake adjusting port to me...I have seen this on other makes of vehicles...but the adjuster opening would be in the back of the brakes...?:mellow:

HAHA!!! Just clicked the "post reply" button and then realized I had missed 3 pages of the thread...:mellow:

Great looking 520 still...just too early in the morning to be touching this keyboard;)

• 3 months later...
here are the pictures, I took them on FRI. and haven't had the chance to post. My brother might have the tail lights, and wiring finished up by now too. Still need to prime and shine the bumper and finish the interior but looks like Canby should no problem.

IMPORT2129.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2130.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2131.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2132.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2133.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2134.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2135.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2136.jpg[/img]

love the 2 tone

TO answer you question fisch I drug the truck home in sept. So the first order of buisiness was to get it running. carb was shot and they don't make rebuilds for the J motor carbs. So we fabricated a adapter for an A15 carb. a little gas and she runs like a champ but the clutch was completely disinigrated. Long story but got that all handled then it was body time. I jumped allover the hood and the tailgate first then I tackled the bed, the tree of those took a while. I primed the about four months ago, an the rolled the body in. Finally got that into prime a couple weeks ago thats when I started this tread. The recent thrash of progress is due to the canby show deadline that is fast aproaching.IMPORT288-1.jpg.

i went to to local auto parts stores and they told me the same thing,they wanted to sell me a remaufactured for $360,so i did some searching online and found this place if anyone ever needs one,got it in about 3days:) truck looks killer by the way!!!:eek:

http://store.classicgarage.com/nidpl41520pi.html

Picture106.jpg