1968 520

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TO answer you question fisch I drug the truck home in sept. So the first order of buisiness was to get it running. carb was shot and they don't make rebuilds for the J motor carbs. So we fabricated a adapter for an A15 carb. a little gas and she runs like a champ but the clutch was completely disinigrated. Long story but got that all handled then it was body time. I jumped allover the hood and the tailgate first then I tackled the bed, the tree of those took a while. I primed the about four months ago, an the rolled the body in. Finally got that into prime a couple weeks ago thats when I started this tread. The recent thrash of progress is due to the canby show deadline that is fast aproaching.IMPORT288-1.jpg[/img]

engine bay before

CopyofIMPORT673.jpg[/img]

carb adapter

CopyofIMPORT676.jpg[/img]

clutch bits allthat was left.

Hahaha! Pretty much. Although, I wouldn't mind more Dat guys moving in. :) Plenty houses for sale around here. (hint....hint!) LOL!

Oh yea, I found the switch knob. I just gotta dig for the window crank. What's your sched like? I can...uhh...walk it over! hehe.

-Brian

Just a quick update, I snaped a few pics of the truck as it sits right now. Roped the glass back in and installed the dash. Also hung the doors with handles and latches but still need to do the wing windows and glass. Its in my brothers hands now to get all the mechanics squared away. the bed, hood, and tailgate just need some blocking and if all goes well should be in shine by next weekend. that should really put the pressure on my brother:fu:. Copy2ofIMPORT1252.jpg[/img]

Copy2ofIMPORT1253.jpg[/img]

CopyofIMPORT1252.jpg[/img]

CopyofIMPORT1255.jpg[/img]

thought I would post a few more pictures, the brakes are done and we put the new wheels and tires on. the pictures don't really do the color of the rims justice

but I have to say in the sun those wheels look damn good. The color is volocity red, its a tri-coat that mazda puts on the new rx-8. anyway the bed and the hood are ready for base, so if all goes to plan should be shinney by the weekend.

IMPORT1274.jpg[/img]

IMPORT1275.jpg[/img]

IMPORT1276.jpg[/img]

IMPORT1277.jpg[/img]

IMPORT1278.jpg[/img]

IMPORT1279.jpg[/img]

IMPORT1280.jpg[/img]

IMPORT1281.jpg[/img]

Niiice, are you going to do anything inside the bed? (though I think the patina back there is great!) Rhino line or something? I am still trying to figure out what I want to do with mine, so I am curious.

What's even better.............pictures do this truck no justice at all. :)

canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby canby!

-Brian

He's doing the final blocking on the hood and bed tonight. I'm still working on the mechanical odds and ends while he does his magic. The closer we get to completion the more stoked I get to grab some seat time. We'll be at Canby for sure. Come check it out!

What's a house go for in Kapolei?

Too much! Hahaha! I was more referring to my relocation place of residence - Hillsboto, OR.. Kapolei though? $350K and up. :)

Dave - I dropped some parts off of w/ your bro and saw the 520 up close. Awesome. If you guys ever need a hand w/ anything, lemme know. Andy's got my number. Down for anything.

-B

Fresh pictures, I know it took longer than expected but the little extra prep is worth the result. so check it out we hope to get the bed back on the truck this weekend so we can set the ride height. Just ind of wraping up the wiring and the dash also installed the headlights, grill, and lower valance. I got ahold a vintage datsun "magna mask" set to do the tailgate lettering, which works sweet and saves so much masking. Canby her I come.

IMPORT2028.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2030.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2045.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2042.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2039-1.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2040.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2050.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2052.jpg[/img]

IMPORT2053.jpg[/img]

The magna masks are plastic letters that fit exactly to the letterrs an the gate. they have magnets on the back so they will stay in place while spraying. I found two sets of them at my work when they were cleaning out the paint locker a few years back, so I have been patiently waiting to use them. They work great it was a big time saver too. Before anyone asks, I don't know what happened to the other set.

IMPORT2027.jpg[/img]