mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look whos back from the dead,thanks,how the hell are you.Its a old sonic muffler,magnaflows and flowmasters and that shit don't sound god on these engines.

Yeah I've been gone for a minute ahaha I'm good ready for jccs if the accept my truck due to the new "qualifications" on participating vehicles. My exhaust is a little more raspier then yours right now , where is the outlet for your muffle located?

I have to say I look forward to Ray's Jibber Jabber. Between he and Datrod and JRock, this thread is always fun to read. Now with Eagle Adam's help, Ray may have to branch out and add even more shades of green to his color scheme. Or you could decide to take a leap of faith and let JRock powder coat that precious Polish pulley Adam Eagle's patented color.  

Just kidding. Even parked at night when it wasn't running, that truck looked awesome when I saw it in person! Glad you got the green truck running. For a while there it looked like you were stocking up on hardware to go hunting for a new pulley somewhere … anywhere … with full metal jackets.

Do you notice a difference with the butt dyno with the bigger injectors?

• Like 1

No not at all,like i posted before they were just installed and a dialed the fuel pressure back to half ass tune the truck,I can tell you one thing it could be my imaganation but it seemed like the motor got louder,Datrod came by and he said it sounded good,But a retune is in the works and hope nothing else goes wrong,if i get 150 plus HP at the wheels i am fine with that,because then the motor would be at about 175-180 crank and thats more then stock.

And just a Tanker disclaimer,i knew when i got this FJ that i was going out on a limb not really going through the FJ based on the info i got,With that said if it takes a shit then no problem the motor was designed to almost walk out of there and  it will get redone,so what ever happens happens.

So truck is running again,but had Datrod come by and it seemed as if the valve train or timing chains are some what noisey.Datrod did not think so but know i got to retune do to the bigger injectors.

:rofl:  :rofl:  Your taking advice from an old ass dude that can't hear??? I didn't have my hearing aids in, That's why I didn't hear anything. :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

So fired up the truck again tonight to listen,I might have the noisy timing chain issue that the FJ was non to have from time to time.if you rev it,it goes away and right before shut down witch is leading me to the timing chain.I checked my exhaust temps on each bank and #2 is firing about 60* hotter then the other 3.Stuck intake valve or does it need to be retuned I don't know,any thoughts?