mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

No i did not finish the garage just so many other things,but I'm some one at the home stretch for were I'm going with it.Next thing when i bring it home is a new exhaust,the one on there is like new but crappy and to small,and i am being told that this motor is around the 200 HP range so that's cool,as long as it holds together.Oh and might have to go to electric fan i was trying to keep it some what original but needs better cooling.I will hopefully have more updates on Thursday.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow that's steep. i know nothing about chrome plating so i take it triple plating is very durable?

Dual plating doesn't last, I had my roadster bumpers, headlight rings and grill dual plated at oregon plating back in the 90s, and granted, I parked it outside year round, the plating only lasted about 3 or 4 years, there are cars built in the 1920s that still have better chrome after 90 years, but they were triple plated.

I was trying to figure out why they were saying that I needed to wax my bumpers regularly, I was driving that car daily year round, I didn't have time for high maintenance.

The problem is finding an outfit that does do what it says it is going to do at a reasonable price, so far I have had no luck on that front.

Well i grew up in Hawaii and if its going to rust then well its going to rust.As for triple plating that is for color to,if the dont copper then the chrome has a yellow tinge to it,with triple plating you get the blue tinge,and your right Wayno nothing lasts but i do take care of my stuff and try to stay on top of maintenance along with cosmetics.

Wayno the tranny is good it shifts fine and when you put it in gear and start it,it lunged forward,i think when we put it together I'm wondering if the throw out bearing came off or what i mean is its slipping on the shaft.The other thing to is its the NAPZ block that was made in to the 2.3 with a dogleg 5 speed and i know there has got to be different diameter clutch's im wondering if that could be it to.And I'm taking a stab in the dark with the clutch diameter thing.So stay tuned until tomorrow.

Are you sure your clutch slave has a long enough rod?

It's supposed to have a 1/16" play when your foot isn't on the clutch pedal, if the rod isn't long enough, you need to make a longer one.

The other issue could be the throw out bearing collar, the collar is supposed to follow the clutch cover, if the clutch cover/disc came with the Z22 flywheel, then you need the Z22 collar also.

• Like 1

Are you sure your clutch slave has a long enough rod?

It's supposed to have a 1/16" play when your foot isn't on the clutch pedal, if the rod isn't long enough, you need to make a longer one.

The other issue could be the throw out bearing collar, the collar is supposed to follow the clutch cover, if the clutch cover/disc came with the Z22 flywheel, then you need the Z22 collar also.

To be honest i dont know wayno,thats why i mentioned the second part of my last post.Is there anything else i should know so i can let them know tomorrow.thanks

Dude, that sucks the tranny has to come back out. There are so many things that could be wrong when you put so many parts that don't go together.

IE, Z22 bottom, with a different clutch, with a different tranny, with a different throw out bearing, with a different slave cyl.

You get where I'm going with this.

I'm sure Juan will figure it out.

Dude, that sucks the tranny has to come back out. There are so many things that could be wrong when you put so many parts that don't go together.

IE, Z22 bottom, with a different clutch, with a different tranny, with a different throw out bearing, with a different slave cyl.

i here you John,not matter running or not it goes home tonight.